The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Stirred UP

Get email yesterday... "you are due for new work laptop"

Scheduled to get new laptop today at 10AM. I show up, start transferring over all my files. Then fire drill happens. Get back inside everything is transferred over. Take laptop back up to office. Go to open main program I use every day. NOT INSTALLED! In fact they didn't INSTALL anything. So now here I sit waiting for all the applications to install I use. There goes my workday.

I drove 45 minutes south for a house job and when I was still 30 minutes away I finally got a phone signal again and a voicemail. Pull over and it's the Homeowner wants to postpone cause it looks like rain. Fortunately I had another house I was supposed to do an estimate for while at the same Resort. Did a couple commercial accounts till a reasonable time and go to give the estimate. They say yeah can you do it now. Sure, day I thought was ruined was saved. Funny thing is the house that postponed was the one that recommended me (I've done them before) to the one I did today :ROFLMAO: Hope you can make up the time somehow Chad

Get email yesterday... "you are due for new work laptop"

Scheduled to get new laptop today at 10AM. I show up, start transferring over all my files. Then fire drill happens. Get back inside everything is transferred over. Take laptop back up to office. Go to open main program I use every day. NOT INSTALLED! In fact they didn't INSTALL anything. So now here I sit waiting for all the applications to install I use. There goes my workday.
Soooo, you're upset that you have nothing to do today except troll the forum? yeah, i get it, being relegated to your phone when you could be using the work laptop is drag.

Kidney stones.... sitting here with another one ripping through my guts... much fun yay...
My wife has those, every so often one decides to pass through the various narrow passages on its way to freedom. I consider myself a friend to all but based on my observations of her experiences i’m Pretty happy it’s you and not me. Good luck my friend.

Kidney stones.... sitting here with another one ripping through my guts... much fun yay...
YEOW!!! I'm closing up on 365 straight days of shaving and am reminded that a tiny dang stone is what broke the previous streak.

After dinner went to one of those yogurt places where they weigh your cup. Explain to me why I should tip at a place like this when paying?

After dinner went to one of those yogurt places where they weigh your cup. Explain to me why I should tip at a place like this when paying?
Yea, it’s a weird situation, it’s not really appropriate. It like if they introduced tipping at McDonalds or something (though even then you’d be getting more service). I usually just drop in the change if what service there was was friendly.

You shouldn’t. There was no service but someone running the register. You don’t tip at Target.

I see that like Sonic, If a carhop comes out to me, bringing my Reeper Margarita Slushie I tip but when I go to the drivethru like any other fast food, no tip although they act like you should..........

You shouldn’t. There was no service but someone running the register. You don’t tip at Target.

I go to insert my card for my dessert and the 16 year old kid says, "Oh before you insert your card you need to answer the question on the screen." The screen reads 15%, 20%, 25%, or no tip with a frowny face. Now I don't frequent these spots very often, and the fact the kid is working instead of doing staying at home playing video games all summer I guess I can respect that, but I clicked the frowny face, then he asked if he did something wrong (perhaps trained that way). I said no, but you didn't provide any service you literally just weighed my frozen yogurt. He said, "Yea I get that alot." Have a good day kid!

I see that like Sonic, If a carhop comes out to me, bringing my Reeper Margarita Slushie I tip but when I go to the drivethru like any other fast food, no tip although they act like you should..........

Wait... we are supposed to tip the carhop too? Okay perhaps we need a tipping thread!

I go to insert my card for my dessert and the 16 year old kid says, "Oh before you insert your card you need to answer the question on the screen." The screen reads 15%, 20%, 25%, or no tip with a frowny face. Now I don't frequent these spots very often, and the fact the kid is working instead of doing staying at home playing video games all summer I guess I can respect that, but I clicked the frowny face, then he asked if he did something wrong (perhaps trained that way). I said no, but you didn't provide any service you literally just weighed my frozen yogurt. He said, "Yea I get that alot." Have a good day kid!

Wait... we are supposed to tip the carhop too? Okay perhaps we need a tipping thread!
Well they roller skated out to you..........well some still do. That's just what I've always done. I assumed it was how it's set up but I'm no etiquette guru.....

By the way, I'd have had trouble not having a response to his comments....

When someone impatient you’ve been graciously trying to have wait while your attention is engaged in something else important, you finally can give them your attention, and they are already so frustrated, they just say “Just never mind”....

...you had to wait until you had my attention, to make the decision not to want it anymore?

When someone impatient you’ve been graciously trying to have wait while your attention is engaged in something else important, you finally can give them your attention, and they are already so frustrated, they just say “Just never mind”....

...you had to wait until you had my attention, to make the decision not to want it anymore?

Was this on a road trip with your kids in the back saying, "are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet..."

Back