The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Stirred UP

Originally Hardees was Sandy’s out here at least, then Hardees, the Carls acquired them and it all went to pot

Shipping.... Shipping has me stirred up! Odered July 26th, and I knew it was going to come "late" but come on!

ha.PNG

Last edited:
Went to Wilmington Ohio, left and went to Arizona and Nevada, then came back to Wilmington Ohio. :poop:

Oops!

920x920.jpg

So about a week and a half ago I took my car into the dealership for it's oil change and tire rotation. It's a hybrid. Well ever since my oil change I noticed that my MPG which is normally around 58-60 MPG has been around 53-55MPG. It's been really hot here so I just f igured it was because of running the AC more. Well the dealership called me and said they made a mistake and they need me to bring the car back in. Apparently they put regular oil in the engine instead of the synthetic it is supposed to have. Hmm I wonder if that could be the cause of lesser MPG. Then I noticed something else. Looking in the manual the car is supposed to have 0W-20 synthetic. According to the sticker on the windshield they put in 5W-30! So this could be an interesting trip to the dealership in a couple hours after Megan gets home.

So about a week and a half ago I took my car into the dealership for it's oil change and tire rotation. It's a hybrid. Well ever since my oil change I noticed that my MPG which is normally around 58-60 MPG has been around 53-55MPG. It's been really hot here so I just f igured it was because of running the AC more. Well the dealership called me and said they made a mistake and they need me to bring the car back in. Apparently they put regular oil in the engine instead of the synthetic it is supposed to have. Hmm I wonder if that could be the cause of lesser MPG. Then I noticed something else. Looking in the manual the car is supposed to have 0W-20 synthetic. According to the sticker on the windshield they put in 5W-30! So this could be an interesting trip to the dealership in a couple hours after Megan gets home.
Chad:
No that big of a deal both are derived from Petroleum, one from Crude and one distilled the only difference with with Thermal Degradation and breakdown. with the higher temps a heavier weight will make a difference however 5w30 is 5 weight oil with 30 weight addivitives, the 0W20 is the thinnest with 20 Weight additives, doubtful is had anything to to with Mileage difference, the AC is a more likly candidate and as long as it has not been over 3000K miles you are completely fine.. even in a hybrid

Sheesh! Complaining about getting only 53 Mpg! No pleasing some folks! 😂 probably the a/c with a tiny bit of Dino thrown in for good measure.

look folks I went from March 15 (work at home start date) til July 28th without having to buy gas! I buring through this second tank in the last 5 months a bit more quickly then the first one! Now get off my lawn.

Back