The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Stirred UP

So here is what has me all worked up!

As you know recently purchased a new to us motorhome. Got very lucky that it only has 4k miles on it, and everything is in really good shape. Driving this thing has been a big learning curve. Doing research I have learned that a Steering Stabilizer is highly recommended as the stock ones are just no good. So I did some research watched lots of videos and decided that if I order the brand Safe T Stabilizer they are rated very highly and would help with sway, and keep things better aligned. So I found the right stabilizer and the right bracket for my chassis. My research then found that I would save about $70 ordering on Amazon. Last monday I ordered both and they had a delivery date of Thursday. Well the stabilizer arrived Wednesday a day early. But that bracket IS NO WHERE TO BE SEEN! So on the phone with Amazon's outsourced customer service, I was told sorry it is lost, but they did give me a small refund. A new one was shipped out and should arrive Monday. Well the weekend is when I was hoping to install this thing. So a quick call to Safe T, and they gave me a list of 8 dealers in Utah including one that 100 miles north. Well guess what NOT ONE of them has the bracket in stock! NOT ONE! UGH!!!! So now I have to hope that it arrives on Monday and get over to my dad's garage sometime before we leave Thursday morning on a 5 hour drive. Cutting it REAL close!

So here is what has me all worked up!

As you know recently purchased a new to us motorhome. Got very lucky that it only has 4k miles on it, and everything is in really good shape. Driving this thing has been a big learning curve. Doing research I have learned that a Steering Stabilizer is highly recommended as the stock ones are just no good. So I did some research watched lots of videos and decided that if I order the brand Safe T Stabilizer they are rated very highly and would help with sway, and keep things better aligned. So I found the right stabilizer and the right bracket for my chassis. My research then found that I would save about $70 ordering on Amazon. Last monday I ordered both and they had a delivery date of Thursday. Well the stabilizer arrived Wednesday a day early. But that bracket IS NO WHERE TO BE SEEN! So on the phone with Amazon's outsourced customer service, I was told sorry it is lost, but they did give me a small refund. A new one was shipped out and should arrive Monday. Well the weekend is when I was hoping to install this thing. So a quick call to Safe T, and they gave me a list of 8 dealers in Utah including one that 100 miles north. Well guess what NOT ONE of them has the bracket in stock! NOT ONE! UGH!!!! So now I have to hope that it arrives on Monday and get over to my dad's garage sometime before we leave Thursday morning on a 5 hour drive. Cutting it REAL close!
Yeah...Amazon hasn't been all that reliable as of late. Sorry for the woes Chad.

Our house drops off in the back so the neighbors behind us aren't that far distance wise, but their entire house is below our lower level. Our bedroom looks out onto their tiny back patio, though there's enough trees and such you can't see directly from one to another. This does create a situation where the noises from the back of their house bounce off their house into our bedroom window as though they might as well be standing on a ladder right outside. They are immigrants from a county with a language that is harsh to the western ear and given the nice weather now have people over at time late into the night. Woken up at midnight by cackling and screaming to each other I had to get dressed, go downstairs and shine a flashlight into their dining area where they all say mere feet from each other "speaking" in voices loud enough to be heard through the neighborhood. Finally got their attention and explained I needed to be up in 5 hours to go work in the hospital. To which the reply was "it isn't even 12:00". I'm sorry, Is there some set time until you're allow to be as loud and annoying as F??? At which point I did point out it was 12:30 and I'd like to get some sleep. They agreed to shut their door. This is the 2nd time I've had to go over there. I see this might be a long summer with him not being too happy with me.

I was going to say this is not the 1st time
Two Words...

Potato Cannon. Have plans if you desire🤪🤨

Our house drops off in the back so the neighbors behind us aren't that far distance wise, but their entire house is below our lower level. Our bedroom looks out onto their tiny back patio, though there's enough trees and such you can't see directly from one to another. This does create a situation where the noises from the back of their house bounce off their house into our bedroom window as though they might as well be standing on a ladder right outside. They are immigrants from a county with a language that is harsh to the western ear and given the nice weather now have people over at time late into the night. Woken up at midnight by cackling and screaming to each other I had to get dressed, go downstairs and shine a flashlight into their dining area where they all say mere feet from each other "speaking" in voices loud enough to be heard through the neighborhood. Finally got their attention and explained I needed to be up in 5 hours to go work in the hospital. To which the reply was "it isn't even 12:00". I'm sorry, Is there some set time until you're allow to be as loud and annoying as F??? At which point I did point out it was 12:30 and I'd like to get some sleep. They agreed to shut their door. This is the 2nd time I've had to go over there. I see this might be a long summer with him not being too happy with me.

Next time just show up with a shotgun and stare at them. Don't point it at them. Make sure it's loaded but use it only as a prop. You won't hear a peep from them ever again.

We are quite a bit more spread out than you @NurseDave but have neighbors who begin to talk very loudly once their blood alcohol level reaches a given level. It’s amazing how well some voices travel out of little valleys, across open fields and through wood fences when we are outside trying to enjoy the night air. It’s not possible for ME to talk loudly enough for them to hear me complain. They are a good neighbor otherwise so we give them a pass most of the time.
What really gets under my skin (and burns a hole in my brain) is loud Mariachi music. We have some neighbors several blocks away that Have a live band and play Several evenings a month, that’s bad but what’s is REALLY bad is the Mariachi playing on the 90’s boom box from the people behind us and the ones down the street ...it sounds horrible coming from the speaker AND the song(s) (I’m not 100% certain it’s not the same 15 minutes played over and over) have a cadence and beat that is very far from enjoyable to me.

I tried cranking up my outside sound system with my own country music (let them know what I am willing to listen to past 11pm) but the way I have the speakers set and fences set the noise doesn’t travel well. One night I was so frustrated, pillows over my head weren’t helping, that I jumped in my car and drove over and parked in front of thier house and laid on the horn until everyone in their house came out. I don’t know if they understood a word coming from my deranged mouth but the sight of a short fat man in his sleeping attire and crazy hair stand outside his car yelling must have gotten the point across because they turned off the music and stayed quiet a few nights.
If the potato gun isn’t an option try the crazy naked neighbor yelling over the porch railing thing...or throw cats at them. Nobody likes to make the crazy naked neighbor Mad or have cats thrown at them.

Other than possible a siren and pretty Blue & Red Lights, LOL

Well, by then the gun will be stashed at another neighbor's house for safekeeping.... When the police ask about the gun, you respond by saying "Oh, you mean that big stick I picked up that came down from the tree during that big storm we had the other day?" And there won't be any video because they will be too stunned to even think about it and you'll b gone before they can even think to grab their phone.

Good Point, @Cvargo Dave is sending you something, LOL... That is why I like living in the sticks on property.... We have plenty of room to hide the bodies LOL ( just kidding)...... or are we??????????? ROFL
...and Mrs.BarberDave is always making you dig BIG holes for one reason or another so another new hole wouldn’t catch anyone’s attention.

Okay first of all I'm ticked off that it took me so long to find the stirred up thread. Lol.

I have a beef with Hardee's! apparently they're not getting the sales they want from trying to upsell you to do you want the large combo question all the time. Place an order the other day and when it was considerably more than what the sign said I asked when I got to the drive-through what was up with the tax lately? I was told I owe the computer automatically rings up the combos in the large size. I asked why the Large size wasn't listed on the board that I'm ordering from then. Blank stare and she asked if I would like her to bring up the small size. I said well yes that's what I ordered. Just came out of Hardee's cuz I had to use the restroom and realize that I've got the large combo again when I don't need the large hash rounds and large Coke. Where did they get off showing you a price for regular size and you order the number two and they feel they have the right to automatically charge you a dollar something more for the large? I think I'm about through with Hardee's over this.......

Okay first of all I'm ticked off that it took me so long to find the stirred up thread. Lol.

I have a beef with Hardee's! apparently they're not getting the sales they want from trying to upsell you to do you want the large combo question all the time. Place an order the other day and when it was considerably more than what the sign said I asked when I got to the drive-through what was up with the tax lately? I was told I owe the computer automatically rings up the combos in the large size. I asked why the Large size wasn't listed on the board that I'm ordering from then. Blank stare and she asked if I would like her to bring up the small size. I said well yes that's what I ordered. Just came out of Hardee's cuz I had to use the restroom and realize that I've got the large combo again when I don't need the large hash rounds and large Coke. Where did they get off showing you a price for regular size and you order the number two and they feel they have the right to automatically charge you a dollar something more for the large? I think I'm about through with Hardee's over this.......
This is unbelievable. I had the *exact* same issue with Hardee's less than an hour ago. I got a pork chop and gravy biscuit combo, and they rang me up for a large!! Ridiculous.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This is unbelievable. I had the *exact* same issue with Hardee's less than an hour ago. I got a pork chop and gravy biscuit combo, and they rang me up for a large!! Ridiculous.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
That does not sound right at all...quite deceptive. I wonder though if it’s less company-wide policy and more simply the pressure to up sales during these times in combo with dishonest employees/management.

Not exactly a big issue but since we are on the topic... McDonalds had the $1 any size drink for EVER and I would fairly regularly drive trough to get a drink when I was out and about, sometimes I would add a regular hamburger (the price was never the same for these). Coming back from a hike the other day I drive through and order 4 large drinks (4 of us in the car) and the total was something like $10 and change. I stuttered and began to question the drive through lady then my wife told me they don’t do the $1 drink thing anymore. Sad face.

Back