The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Steve's Video Spot

Thanks for the shout out and glad the 6c is working for you. I knew it would be a good fit to get you some good shaves. Downside to it being mindless is it doesn't help you learn technique but you can do that at your desired pace now. Great job on the video and welcome to the VLOG gang !

PS - Yo, Willie, what up dog ?

Haha thanks guys!

And yes Dave, the mindlessness definitely has a down side. Once we’re out of February and the One Blade Challenge is over, I do want to spend some time with some other razors to help work on my technique.

Got to watch finally, great vid Steve! Very relaxed and good chatter throughout.

Cool to see Willie!

Well as I have some time this beautiful sunday morning I figured I would have some videos playing in the background. Had no idea I was only 1 behind on your thread. Does that mean you need to record more???

Well as I have some time this beautiful sunday morning I figured I would have some videos playing in the background. Had no idea I was only 1 behind on your thread. Does that mean you need to record more???

Haha yeah I do need to get another one done soon. I haven't had the time lately.

Ya, I saw there was a new post here and figured there must be a new video to watch.

Not sure if that qualifies as a speed shave, I mean it was 50% longer than GearNoir's!
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Great shave non the less. Good video, thanks for the update!

Huuuuuuuuurry! You’re going to be late! <- that’s what I kept thinking.

I hear you. You’re worry about having an actually sharp blade to your skin again. I got you. I’ll have some gentle used blades in the mail to you tomorrow. All with exactly 3 uses on them ?

When I looked up and saw 10 minutes and I was only just finishing the second pass, I realized I had failed
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Guess, you'll have to try again!
1f61c.png
If you're game, here are things to consider.

Put yourself in the mindset that you are late, keep watching the time.
Don't worry about perfect lather, just get some suds on your face and go! 30 seconds or less total loading/lathering time.
Less talking, just get the shave done!

Guess, you'll have to try again!
1f61c.png
If you're game, here are things to consider.

Put yourself in the mindset that you are late, keep watching the time.
Don't worry about perfect lather, just get some suds on your face and go! 30 seconds or less total loading/lathering time.
Less talking, just get the shave done!

Yeah I realized that I was definitely talking too much. I felt like I didnt want to put out a video without any chatter though lol. I think I’m going to try again tomorrow though.

Nice job Steve! (who cares how long it was
1f60b.png
)

Not sure if that qualifies as a speed shave, I mean it was 50% longer than GearNoir's!
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Great shave non the less. Good video, thanks for the update!

Whoa whoa whoa, lets not get too drastic here. You mean I have competition for my place for longest speed shave?
1f616.png

Thanks for the watch 3 Names. You know what they say. You can't fake the funk on a nasty dunk. What that means is you can't skip a pass and still get a stellar shave. ;)

Back