The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Steve's Video Spot

SteveChuckFrank

Close Enough*
Well guys I finally went and made a video. I use the term "made a video" very loosely! I basically just hit record and shaved. I was a little nervous, and had to be quiet since the wife was sleeping in the next room. I'm up for some constructive criticism, but please be gentle ???.

Without further ado....

https://youtu.be/R31oqvIar_U

Nice first video! And taking on two challenges for it..... Classic. Are you using a phone? How is it oriented? Curious how your format is square instead of rectangular. Phone oriented sideways for rectangular viewing is optimal.

When you move move into the mirror, you kinda go out of frame. Not sure if you can fix that or not. We’re kinda space limited doing what we do. I always shave into my phone, not my mirror, so I’m looking at the audience.

Great start! Looking forward to more.

I didn’t even think about the orientation being an issue KJ, thanks for letting me know. I am using my iPhone to record and using the “selfie” camera on the screen side of the phone. It was just propped up on a shelf in my medicine cabinet vertically, so that’s probably why it’s oriented the way it is when you watch it. I’ll have to try to rig something a little better for next time.

Great first video Steve! A face only a realtor advertisement could love...
1f602.png

No, good job, really!

Steve-O, I say you redeemed yourself man. Good job and in my mind (not that it matters) but I drop the asterisk off you now ?

Steve-O, I say you redeemed yourself man. Good job and in my mind (not that it matters) but I drop the asterisk off you now ?

I definitely value your opinion Dave! Thanks for the kind words, but I still feel I have a lot of work to do on the production side of things haha. And drop the asterisk? That’s my claim to fame, what would my custom title be??? Who am I kidding? I’m sure I’ll say or do something else boneheaded soon enough to earn another one lol!

Welllllll what do we have here. Good stuff! the names, three soaps, one bowel.

Ya, I was curious about the square shape too. Unless you have a really old phone, I’m not sure why it would do that.

Haha thanks Dave!

My phone is an iPhone 7s. Not too old, but who knows. I haven’t done much video production so I’m not sure what the capabilities of this phone really are.

I’m same as you. Other than my intro and outro, I just hit record on the selfie cam. Just add the ends to the video in iMovie and upload to YouTube all on the phone.

Very nice Steve
goid first video. You kept it short
kept your face clean. Alll the stuff I can’t do in mine.

I’m same as you. Other than my intro and outro, I just hit record on the selfie cam. Just add the ends to the video in iMovie and upload to YouTube all on the phone.

Best part is haning out in the Green room before and after. Laughing at everyone that can't get access to it.

Granted I have only made three. It is getting a little easier. iMovie is just plug and play. Now I am discovering more things I can do with it.. It is just getting the time to actually record, edit and upload.

I opened up iMovie and tried to use it but couldn’t figure anything out. I’ll have to try to do some research on tips and tricks.

I use iMovie. It’s very basic and there’s actually not a lot you can do with it, but it can do just enough for what I need for my videos. Once you get into it and okay around, it’s pretty easy to figure out. But yes, do ask if you have questions. I think there’s good tutorial on YouTube that helped me.

Gotcha. I think I was just expecting to be able to do more with it than you actually can. That’s why I figured I just didn't know what I was doing.

Back