The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Staying Fit Staying Sane

I have a nice adjustable set of dumbbells (5-60 lbs; 2.5 lb increments to 25 and 5 lb increments to 60)
I wanted a set of those when they were hitting the infomercials back in the day.

This thread highlights my inadequate attitude towards staying in shape, which is REALLY sad, as I used to play soccer (2x week) as well as coach (also 2x weekl). Nowadays, I'd probably puke if I had to run 5x around the field.
You're saying chess isn't cardio then?

It is indeed a tiring workout, but with brain-pain instead of muscle-ache. Alas, it doesn't make my brain seem to grow.

Don announces TSC fundraiser. Highest bid gets their initials shaved into Don’s belly hair.

And Believe me...there is a lot of it! Downside to having a freakishly long torso is that my belly always gets exposed when I lift my arms.

Dangerous Mom: Can the Dog come out?

Dangerous Don: NO

Dog comes out 🤪 😂 😂

Seriously though, Thanks for sharing your adjusted routine Don

That was funny actually...I thought she asked if the dog was outside with me! Dog came out later!

I highly recommend the 30-day plank challenge app.
Specifically which app are you using? I just looked and there are a ton of them. Very interested in trying one of them out but if you like yours, I would like to try that one.

Specifically which app are you using? I just looked and there are a ton of them. Very interested in trying one of them out but if you like yours, I would like to try that one.
It’s the one that looks like this:
D2BF0124-55A9-4C9F-9390-350981EE2118.jpeg

I’ve completed beginner 2 and intermediate 1. Beginner 2 is a daily increasing forearm plank—up to over 4 minutes by the end of the 30 days. Intermediate 1 incorporates several different plank exercises. By they end your doing 6 exercises for a minute each. I think either is a good place to start.

Man I did so many planks back in the day, I can't bring myself to do them much anymore. But they are a great exercise. The reverse version is also really good.

It’s the one that looks like this:
View attachment 19502

I’ve completed beginner 2 and intermediate 1. Beginner 2 is a daily increasing forearm plank—up to over 4 minutes by the end of the 30 days. Intermediate 1 incorporates several different plank exercises. By they end your doing 6 exercises for a minute each. I think either is a good place to start.
Thanks John! I would just rather start at a place that others like than just randomly pick one!

Man I did so many planks back in the day, I can't bring myself to do them much anymore. But they are a great exercise. The reverse version is also really good.
Haha yes, planks do take a certain level of self-loathing... 🤪 But you’re right—great exercise that you can do anywhere!

Thanks John! I would just rather start at a place that others like than just randomly pick one!
Let the pain begin! 😂😂

Today’s workout:

2:30 on the plank torture device

Legs/shoulders:

- Jump squats - 2 x 30 seconds
- Single leg bench step ups - 3 x 10 reps
- Squats with overhead shoulder press - 3 x10 reps
- Reverse lunges with overhead shoulder press - 3 x 10 reps
- Squat swings - 3 x 10 reps
- Rear delt fly - 3 x 10 reps
- Front/lateral shoulder raises - 3 x 10 reps
- Russian twists on the decline bench - 3 x 20 reps