The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD September 27 - October 3, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Klas Tornblom 5/8
Brush: Art of Shaving Silvertip
Soap: Barrister & Mann Fougère Gothique
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Fougère Gothique
Balm: 444
EdP: Barrister & Mann Fougère Gothique

I love this razor, sent to me by my friend Arne @Polarbeard, he’s a great guy! In fact he also sent me the EdP as well!

C00B2E6A-1E38-415D-A82D-6104E11A5C98.jpeg

Very nice! Do you find this razor style to be a little difficult to hold, like the tang is almost too thin to get a great grip on?
Actually, I don’t, and I have large hands. It’s a beautifully balanced piece of steel. I find it to be very nimble and it’s great at getting my troublesome neck areas.

Thursday AM 2021-09-30
'I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up' trademarked on this date by LifeCall, 1992
qN1SHzF.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Porcelain-Jade Finest (24/55)
XPEC Original shaving cream (vintage Forester Milan version) + Moroccan Rose Absolute
Wolfman WR1-SB 0.74/Triad Aristocrat Brass & Stainless Steel
Polsilver Super Iridium (10)
Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe aftershave
WaibkwB.jpg

30 Sept. 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Fantastic shave this morning. Wonderful lather from the Shaveline NBD soap and I could actually catch the fragrance! :D Three passes of DFS+ bliss, finishing with some Obsession after shave balm and a spray of the matching EDT.

Feeling almost all the way back to my pre-COVID self now. Maybe a slight improvement in my sense of taste and smell, but not much. Hopefully it will continue to improve.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Shaveline NBD Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P / Gillette Platinum
Alum / CK "Obsession for Men" After Shave Balm / CK "Obsession for Men" EDT

View attachment 62396
Whatever is going on, it hasn’t hindered your photography :)

1633034427228.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club
Brush: Colorado Razor Designs Light & Dark Wood
Lather: Stirling Soap Sheep
Aftershave: H.Zone 1930
Fragrance: Rochas Moustache EdT

Used Hendrix Classics & Co Sophisticated Gentleman Essential oil with the shave soap.

Fri 1st SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Clubman Whiskey Woods
Missed using this excellent quality soap for a long time. Wow...truly epic lather! Rich, creamy, and very slick. Mild unique scent.
This razor and blade combination was excellent!! Smooth, comfortable, and efficient. 3passes for a mostly bbs finish but somehow incurred 2 weepers. Aftershaves were just as good too.
20211001_083012.jpg

DACF3611-F52A-4E0B-B676-6FBDD627263F.jpeg
SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 1, 2021

RAZOR: H. Hobson Full Wedge 6/8 (Mug), Gillette Big Fellow (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Pure Badger
SOAP: Stirling Glacial Electric Sheep
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Krampert’s Frostbite and Canoe Original EdT.

1 October, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Happy Friday!

Another fantastic shave this morning. Went with Asylum's "Flying Mango" soap (made by Saponificio Varesino). Wonderfully slick and cushioning lather. The scent was light to begin with and since my sniffer is still recovering, I didn't get much from the soap. Maybe a hint of wood and spice/pepper. Three passes yielded a satisfying DFS+ result, finishing with a splash of Halston Z-14 after shave splash (plus skin food) and a spray of the matching cologne.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Asylum "Flying Mango" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Majesty" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Halston Z-14 After Shave Splash + H.A.S. + ETHOS Revitalizing Serum / Halston Z-14 EdT

IMG-7287.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back