The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD September 27 - October 3, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mon 27 SOTD
Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor RazoRock G37 Slant
Blade Shark Super Stainless 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + PAA Cavendish Splash.
My number 1 soap! Really love this particular pipe-tobacco scent and the lather is top-notch too...very rich, creamy, and super slick...
A very good shave with this razor paired with the blade. Very easy, smooth, and comfortable 3passes for a bbs finish.
Would have been perfect except a bump was loped off...dang! The matching aftershave was just excellent!!
20210927_111449.jpg

Monday AM 2021-09-27
World Tourism Day
Gmla188.jpg

Rooney Polo 1 Ivory Finest (24/54)
Penhaligon's Endymion shaving cream
Paradigm 17-4/UFO Titan Fine
Polsilver Super Iridium (7)
Guerlain Habit Rouge aftershave
KlXNlnc.jpg

27 Sept. 2021

Good afternoon gentlemen!

Wanted to make a quick post so you'd know that I'm hangin' in here. Boy, this has NOT been a fun week! Guys, do everything you can to dodge this stuff. I'm feeling maybe 75% back but still very little improvement in my sense of taste and smell. Don't get me wrong, it has improved, but only a little. I can mostly just detect "hints" of scents and flavors, like a distant echo of how things should smell and taste. Single note scents and flavors seem easier to detect than conglomerates and that's why I chose the items for today's shave. I can detect the peppermint in the Nancy Boy cream but basically nothing else. Still, that's something! LOL!

Anyway, stay safe. Stay healthy. :)

Nancy Boy "Signature" Shave Cream / Stirling Soap Co. "Lil' Brudder" 22mm Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Nancy Boy "Signature" After - Shave Balm

IMG-7260.jpg

27 Sept. 2021

Wanted to make a quick post so you'd know that I'm hangin' in here. Boy, this has NOT been a fun week! Guys, do everything you can to dodge this stuff. I'm feeling maybe 75% back but still very little improvement in my sense of taste and smell. Don't get me wrong, it has improved, but only a little. I can mostly just detect "hints" of scents and flavors, like a distant echo of how things should smell and taste. Single note scents and flavors seem easier to detect than conglomerates and that's why I chose the items for today's shave. I can detect the peppermint in the Nancy Boy cream but basically nothing else. Still, that's something! LOL!

Nancy Boy "Signature" Shave Cream / Stirling Soap Co. "Lil' Brudder" 22mm Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P

View attachment 62100
Hang in Mark. Us old dudes have to stay safe. Flu shot for me tomorrow.

Tue 28 SOTD
Soap Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Silvertip
Razor Parker SemiSlant
Blade Vintage Polsilver Super Stainless 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Splash
Very nice boozy-like scent from this soap. The lather is of cors very creamy and slick too...one of my Stirling favs...
A great shave with the SemiSlant paired with this excellent blade. Super smooth, crisp, and comfortable in 3passes without any issues for a dolphin smooth finish. Matching aftershaves were awesome!
20210928_161015.jpg

27 Sept. 2021

Best wishes and regards. Hope you will be better soon and back to enjoying all the beautiful scents...shave soaps, food & etc

27 Sept. 2021

View attachment 62100

Get better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A good clean fresh shave for another hot fall day.

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable [6]
Blade: Gillette Nacet (10)
Brush: Fine 24mm
Soap: Razorock Blue Fougere
Splash: Pinaud Gents Gin
Scent: Eau de Grey Flannel

20210928_042600.jpg

EF8F4637-9245-466A-9AA2-C1FC63822BB4.jpeg
SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 28, 2021

RAZOR: JA Hellberg Frameback 5/8 (Mug), Rex Ambassador (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE (2)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with PAA Frost Byte.

View attachment 62202
SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 28, 2021

RAZOR: JA Hellberg Frameback 5/8 (Mug), Rex Ambassador (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE (2)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with PAA Frost Byte.
Very nice! Do you find this razor style to be a little difficult to hold, like the tang is almost too thin to get a great grip on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back