The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD September 27 - October 3, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday AM 2021-09-28
National Voter Registration Day (and gerrymandering time)
Acp3ioP.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/54)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil shaving cream (vintage)
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Black/Triad Pineapple Brass
Polsilver Super Iridium (8)
RazoRock R-160 Sweet Almond aftershave balm
XiVMSZF.jpg

Is that a Senator or Sheraton? Nice shave Tim!
Funny you should ask, I was having a discussion about this with someone else. The guy I got it from said it was a Senator. The guy I was talking to called it a Sheraton.

While researching, I found there were three different Sheratons made. This is the third generation Sheraton, which has a Senator head (factory). So the only difference between this one and a Senator is the Nickel plating.

Funny you should ask, I was having a discussion about this with someone else. The guy I got it from said it was a Senator. The guy I was talking to called it a Sheraton.

While researching, I found there were three different Sheratons made. This is the third generation Sheraton, which has a Senator head (factory). So the only difference between this one and a Senator is the Nickel plating.

Woah, who knew???

The Garantie Razor 9/16th’s size with its
longer blade (full 3”) plus long shank is a great middle ground between the 4/8” and the 5/8” typical razor size. Super maneuverable with it’s full hollow grind at this size makes it ridiculously efficient as well.
Also really liking the Darkfall.
garantiedarkcayuen.jpg

Wed 29 SOTD
Soap Stirling Ozark Mountain
Brush Yaqi 24mm Clear Handle Synthetic
Razor Yaqi Slant on a RR BarberPole handle
Blade Vintage Polsilver Super Stainless 2nd + Double Shim
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon + HA + Stirling Iced Pineapple
I like this soap scent...not sure can be extended to the AS. The soap lather is the usual nice creamy and slick...
This shave with the razor paired with the blade was just acceptable. Lots of chattering...especially on the atg pass despite using double shims. Results were sas only. Aftershaves were awesome though.
20210929_114130.jpg

Almost vertical power shave.

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable [6]
Blade: Gillette Nacet (11)
Brush: Fine 24mm
Soap: Shaveline NBD "Obsession"
Splash: Old Spice Hawkridge
Balm: CK Obsession
Scent: CK Obsession

20210928_185849.jpg

29 Sept. 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Well quarantine is over and so I'm back at the office today. Maybe a slight improvement in the smeller today so I chanced a different soap/splash/frag combo this morning. Got a little bit of the vanilla and tonka bean from the soap. I got more from the Nivea and I could actually smell (though slight) the frag after application. Small steps, but in the right direction. Still dealing with the residual crud from the virus. Some lingering head congestion that I'm using OTC meds to mitigate.

Shave was great. Three passes and a DFS++ result. Love the V4 base of the MacDuff's soap. Very slick and cushioning lather with a fantastic post-shave face feel. Finished with the Nivea Vanilla & Bourbon splash (with added H.A.S.) and a spray of YSL La Nuit De L'Homme.

Hope you have a great day. :)

MacDuffs Soap Co. "Back Country Bourbon" Shave Soap / RazoRock "Big Bruce" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Nivea DEEP "Vanilla & Bourbon" After Shave Splash + Hyaluronic Acid Serum / YSL "La Nuit De L'Homme" EdT

IMG-7270.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back