The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD November 8-14, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
24D33107-F050-4B89-B652-8784CC430ED3.png
SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 11, 2021

RAZOR: Saito SK3 7/8 (Mug), Rex Ambassador (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Fine Platinum AS Splash.

First time with any Saponificio Varesino products. Thanks to @BarberDave and @Antonio SV for the opportunity, as well as @Scuttlesoap for the splash.

70th just makes me feel like I am in a high end Italian spa. Fresh, crisp, gentle citruis and floral notes. A very AdG AdP vibe. The aftershave is more of a tonic and very soothing.

Great shave today.

Razor: Gillette pre-war tech / MR5 handle
Blade: Nacet (8)
Brush: Fine 24mm
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th
Splash: Saponificio Varesino 70th
Scent: Eau de Grey Flannel

20211111_053813.jpg

View attachment 66733
SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 11, 2021

RAZOR: Saito SK3 7/8 (Mug), Rex Ambassador (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Fine Platinum AS Splash.
Jeff, you're using some scented products these days. Has your Bride approved a few different ones? Oh, and be careful using the Fine Platinum. It smells good and threatens to ruin your reputation as a Nasal Barbarian. ;)

BTW, I'm using MWF bath soap in my preshave prep. It is super slick and just feels great. I can see why the shave soap is your daily driver. I may eventually revisit it.

Last edited:
Jeff, you're using some scented products these days. Has your Bride approved a few different ones? Oh, and be careful using the Fine Platinum. It smells good and threatens to ruin your reputation as a Nasal Barbarian. ;)

BTW, I'm using MWF bath soap in my preshave prep. It is super slick and just feels great. I can see why the shave soap is your daily driver. I may eventually revisit it.
I wish, Charlie! She’s away on business! That’s really the only time you’ll see me using any scented products except Lime. For whatever reason, that doesn’t bother her.

November 11, 2021
FNJ8z4S.jpg

AoS Sandalwood~~Simpson "The Hive"~~Wade & Butcher~~Oud 24 Hours

Have a great day!

11 November, 2021

Good morning Cadre. And Happy Veterans Day to my fellow brothers here and everywhere.

Quick post before I'm out the door. Gonna hit up the local tobacconist / humidor shop and browse. Been doing some online research and want to see if they have any of the items in which I'm interested in stock.

Fantastic shave this morning. Got in the new "Dune" themed shave soap from Barrister and Mann and it's very nice! Nice spicy, dry, earthy scent that produced a fantastic lather. Three passes and a touch-up with the Feather and I finished with a splash of Obsession after shave and a spray of the matching EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Barrister and Mann "Mélange" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Rally The Valley" Synth / Feather AS-D2 / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / CK "Obsession for Men" Aftershave Splash + Skin Food / CK "Obsession for Men" EdT

IMG-7660a.jpg

RazoRock Hawk V1, Aluminum
Feather Pro 🪶(5)
Vie-Long Horse, 21mm
RazoRock Ceramic Lather Bowl

Latha Shaving Soap

Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel,
Latha Le Petit Chypre Post-Shave Splash

Have a great day everyone
652c2f9bea68ff205a1f5d192d03072d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Last edited: