The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD November 8-14, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat 13 SR SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Clubman Brandy Spice
A really top-quality soap. Pleasant herb & grassy scent with a rich, creamy and slick lather...
Another excellent shave with this razor stropped on pasted balsa. Keen yet very smooth and comfortable. 3passes for a dfs+ finish. I only realized this razor doesn't sound like a hollow grind at all. In fact almost silent like a heavier grind. Aftershaves were great.
20211113_135645.jpg

Saturday SOTD

puRYtR2.jpg

HUSARIA Monocero Closed Comb / Personna‌ ‌Platinum‌
Vintage Ever Ready 200 new 26mm Oumo SHD 2 band
Ethos Grooming Essentials/CBL Fresh Lime Shave Soap
Ethos Grooming Essentials Greenfresh Skin Food Splash

F6A765FB-AA87-4E92-BBC6-B826564B5E8D.png
SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 13, 2021

RAZOR: Weck Sextoblade (Mug), Shake Sharp Model 1.5 (Dome)
BLADE: Original Rehoned Sextoblade Blade (Mug), 2 Stacked Feather DE
(Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE #005 Aluminum Handle SynBad Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with PAA Frost Byte AS Splash.

Very nice fall aromas and a great shave. Think the razor might need a touch up.

SV Desert Vetiver is my favorite so far. Woody, with what I smell as eucalyptus. Quite nice and much more my speed.

Razor: Curtain and Clark Cutlery Company KCMO
Brush: Yaqi 22mm badger
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver
Splash: Cigar Aficionado
Scent: Commodity Vetiver EdP

20211113_101346.jpg

Very nice fall aromas and a great shave. Think the razor might need a touch up.

SV Desert Vetiver is my favorite so far. Woody, with what I smell as eucalyptus. Quite nice and much more my speed.

Razor: Curtain and Clark Cutlery Company KCMO
Brush: Yaqi 22mm badger
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver
Splash: Cigar Aficionado
Scent: Commodity Vetiver EdP

View attachment 66994
The Cigar Aficionado AS is great. CHEAP as Chips and punches way above its price point. The pourer is awful. Never did I NOT slobber down the side of the bottle.

How you liking that ABC?

I really like the soap. It is very very hard which makes the price a touch more acceptable. The soap has a very faint almond scent. I really can't smell it so I am going on Swati's comment. I have found it easy to load and lather. The lather is very slick with an excellent post shave feel. Having said all that, I am not sure it really adds anything to just going with Mitchell's Wool Fat.

13 November, 2021

Good morning Cadre. Hope you're having a great weekend.

Fantastic shave this morning! I must admit, I have a bad habit of overlooking Stirling's soaps in favor of other, "sexier" brands. And a lot of shavers have the attitude that Stirling is a great soap "at the price". But Stirling's products are damn great! Some of the best I've ever used. Period! Their price point only adds to it. Today I went with "Hipster" soap and splash. This setup was courtesy of @BarberDave from the Artisan/Retailer Appreciation Shave Week drawing (thanks again, sir!). Great lather and scent. Three passes with the Feather and I finished with the matching splash (plus skin food). Wonderful! Now I gotta go.. Bama's playing!! Roll Tide!! 🏈 🐘

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Hipster" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Best / Feather AS-D2 / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Hipster" Aftershave Splash (+ Skin Food)

IMG-7676.jpg

Saturday AM 2021-11-13
National Sandwich Day (birthday of John Montagu, who claimed to have invented the sandwich, 1718)
Yx13ycT.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
Penhaligon's Castile shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/Triad Aristocrat Brass & Stainless Steel
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (4)
Floid Blue aftershave

The Floid Blue worked well following the Castile lather; both seem to have a powdery barbershop tone. And the blade is unusually smooth, almost like a P74.
bDSvYDu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back