The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD November 15-21, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday SOTD

ElqtWUN.jpg

CG Everyday / Nacet / Vtg. Butterscotch Opal 20mm Silvertip / ZM/B&M Nocturne Shaving Soap & AS

Soap & AS were 50 percent off at Maggard. Despite mixed reviews, I wanted to try this soap, hoping the scent and performance would live up to the artwork, which I love. No such luck. Unlike many reviewers, I didn’t find the scent objectionable. I just didn’t find much scent. Yes, once properly hydrated, the lather has the predicted consistency of sour cream. And yes, it does go flying everywhere. I’m glad I didn’t pay full price. Still got a decent shave, BBS in three passes.

Wednesday SOTD

ElqtWUN.jpg

CG Everyday / Nacet / Vtg. Butterscotch Opal 20mm Silvertip / ZM/B&M Nocturne Shaving Soap & AS

Soap & AS were 50 percent off at Maggard. Despite mixed reviews, I wanted to try this soap, hoping the scent and performance would live up to the artwork, which I love. No such luck. Unlike many reviewers, I didn’t find the scent objectionable. I just didn’t find much scent. Yes, once properly hydrated, the lather has the predicted consistency of sour cream. And yes, it does go flying everywhere. I’m glad I didn’t pay full price. Still got a decent shave, BBS in three passes.
awesome J...:cool:

8961B22A-0AC3-493D-B192-C0605D141054.jpeg
SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 17, 2021

RAZOR: Thistle “Persian” (Mug), Gibbs Adjustable #17 (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Thayers WH. Finished with Old Spice Fresh Lime.

Strong, boozy, oakmoss, oats and malt. Fantastic shave.

Razor: Gillette pre-war tech / MR5 handle
Blade: Nacet (11)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm D20 tuxedo
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Toasted Oatmeal Stout
Splash: Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Scent: Quorum

20211117_042649.jpg

17 November, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Fantastic shave this morning! Got in my order of @CBLindsay / Chris's "Russian Tea" yesterday and of course, I had to use it today! Wonderful soap and scent! Exceptionally slick and fragrant and yes, it does smell exactly like that wonderful drink from your youth. In fact, I'm going to have to go out and get some stuff to make it because my wife has never had it. Soap and matching after shave tonic and I finished with a spray of Burberry London EdT. Wonderful!

Hope you have a great day. :)

CBL Soaps "Russian Tea" Shave Soap / Knothead Brush Works "Silk Smoke" Synth / Tatara Masamune SB Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / CBL Soaps "Russian Tea" After Shave Tonic / Burberry "London" EdT

IMG-7720.jpg

SOTD
Wapienica
Kanayama 30k
Rich Man Shaving ‘Red Forge’ w/UltraLUX
PAA The Beach Kokum butter soap
PAA The Beach Aftershave and Cologne
I picked up this Wapi razor from Ken Rupp off a forum back in 2008. It is a post war Polish surgical razor that is somewhere between a wedge and a quarter hollow. The blade is 5/8ths carbon steel so with it’s grind puts on a super sharp edge that lasts. The scales are stainless steel and are not completely the ideal weight for balancing this as a straight shaver but I’ve never really had issue as some have reported.
A really terrific shaver.
The Rich Man Shaving brush created a lather that just wouldn’t quit.
The post shave with PAA ranks right up at the very top with the soaps I have used.
wapibeachforge.jpg

Wednesday AM 2021-11-17
World Geography Day
PSymh0D.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1) + a few sprays of Demeter Almond to the lather
Wilkinson Bonded System (9)
Roger & Gallet l'Homme aftershave

An excellent shave, especially for an old single-blade cartridge razor. Like with the 'Sticky,' Wilkinson hit upon a great design with this razor. The original version of the XPEC, with parabens, made wonderful lather, given a toasted almond tone by the Demeter spray and balanced well by the aftershave.
nAKxmNl.jpg

Thu 18 SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette Slim N4
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Clubman Gents Gin + Capt Choice BayRum Balm
Acceptable lather from the soap. Mild scent and ok quality.
An enjoyable shave with this cheap locally found vintage razor. Paired with the blade at max setting 9 gives an easy smooth and comfortable 3passes for a bbs/dfs finish without any issues. Aftershaves were excellent especially the Clubman while the balm...hmmm...kinda mildly scented.
20211118_085310.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back