The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD November 15-21, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SV sample shaves continue. The Cosmo is the hardest base so far. @BarberDave must have strong thumbs to pack all these. This one took more water but no problems. Light zesty aroma, very Italian.

Razor: Gillette pre-war Tech / MR5 handle
Blade: Nacet (9)
Brush: Fine 24mm
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
Splash: Stubble Buster Resolute
Scent: Chanel Allure Home Sport

20211115_043012.jpg

PAA The Symmetry, DE, OC
Zorrik Super Stainless (2)

Omega HI-BRUSH Synth, 25mm

MUHLE Sea Buckthorn Soap

Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel,
AVON Sterling Six Leather After Shave

I forgot how good and efficient this razor is.

Have a great day everyone
c3cb6da0cec6a2544fea93dc0611eee6.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

15 November, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Great shave today. Skipped yesterday so today's shave was especially nice! Went with Wholly Kaw's "Vor V" shave soap. Great lather and the scent is nice but a bit of an enigma to me. Lots of different notes in there that are nice but IMO fail to congeal into a satisfying whole. For me, it's a nice scent for the shave but not one I like well enough to warrant investment in a bottle of the matching splash. Finished with Fine Accoutrements "Latigo" and a spray of "Knize 10" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Wholly Kaw "Vor V" Shave Soap / YAQI "Lucky Dice" Synth / Feather AS-D2 / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Fine Accoutrements "Latigo" Aftershave Splash (+ Skin Food) / "Knize 10" EdT

IMG-7689.jpg

9AEE0B70-5774-4B9B-86BC-59DC7A0C55E6.jpeg
SOTD MONDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 15, 2021

RAZOR: Hoshi Tombo 8000 6/8 (Mug), Rex Ambassador (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Pure Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Williams Aqua Velva (Spanish Version)

The SV sample shaves continue. The Cosmo is the hardest base so far. @BarberDave must have strong thumbs to pack all these. This one took more water but no problems. Light zesty aroma, very Italian.

Razor: Gillette pre-war Tech / MR5 handle
Blade: Nacet (9)
Brush: Fine 24mm
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
Splash: Stubble Buster Resolute
Scent: Chanel Allure Home Sport

View attachment 67175
The Cosmo is from their inirial release and indeed is a bit on the hard side

Tue 16 SOTD
Soap Stirling Varen - New & 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 24mm Goblin Husky Knot
Razor Gillette Tech on a Yaqi Handle
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Splash
Wow...what a soap! The epic scent overpowered the aftershaves, lingers & lasted a while too. Unique scent and liking it...
The lather is very creamy and slick with a surprisingly good post-shave feel...just awesome!!
Considered a frugal razor...paired with this blade...wow! Best shave in many days!! Easy, smooth, comfortable, and very efficient! Easily matched/surpass with my costlier razors in terms of efficiency. 3passes without any issues for a dolphin smooth finish. The aftershaves were good too but were overwhelmed by the soap...
20211116_091533.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back