The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD February 7-13, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your fine review. I have the original Supply and was wondering about the Pro.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

It really is a quality product. I had seen many people say the same thing about their 2.0, how it was satisfyingly heavy, and now I see why. I'm used to the vintage injectors which are all pretty lightweight by comparison. I think one of the best parts, and something that adjustables sometimes don't get right, is that there is a wide range between the lower settings and the high. On 1 or 2 it is very gentle and on 5 or 6 you really feel the blade.

I have one of those. Used it a handful of times and never got a good shave out of it. Bummer man.

I hate to give up too easily on any razor but this one is frustrating. I feel like it should be a great razor and it's just not happening for me. I also think it's telling that I almost never see it in SOTDs or videos. I'm sure there are plenty of people who like it but I don't know any.

Friday AM 2022-02-11
First US bicycle club (Boston Bicycle Club) was formed on this date, 1878
bE1E9Xc.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest (24/54)
Woods of Windsor shaving soap (tallow)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper/Triad Aristocrat Brass
Personna 74 Tungsten (9)
Woods of Windsor aftershave
kDDs4pB.jpg

That is a really neat soap container
Thanks. It's Wedgwood china. Just before WWII, there were two Wedgwood brothers in contention to run the company. They flipped a coin, and the loser came to the US and attended Harvard - where he was one of my dad's roommates - and then medical school, eventually becoming an academic pediatric immunologist at the University of Washington. I worked as an assistant in his lab there when I was a pre-med student.

Gillette Contract Head
Maggard MR1 Handle
Crystal Super Platinum (2)
Yaqi Barber Pole Tuxedo Synth, 24mm

GFT Violet Shaving Cream

Humphrey's Lilac Witch Hazel,
Mickey Lee Soapworks Italian Stallion Aftershave Milk

Have a great day everyone
0c55c34ee2c69c36e6af11217253a4fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Sat Night 12 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Hypnotic Blue
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4
Blade Gillette Platinum 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Bergamot & Lavender + Yaqi Hypnotic Blue Splash
Nice soap with a good scent and creamy slick lather...
Wonderful shave with this vintage razor paired with the blade at setting 9 for an easy & smooth 3passes resulting in a bbs/dfs finish. Aftershaves were excellent!
20220212_222532.jpg

Wonderfuly relaxing weekend shave.

Razor: Empire Barber Supply
Brush: Sorrentino Brushworks 28mm SHD badger
Soap: Vintage Williams
Splash: ViJon Spice
Balm: C.O. Bigelow 1703 Red
Scent: Majikah Perfumery Black Patchouli Spice

20220212_093647.jpg

12 February, 2022

Hello Cadre! Hope you're having a great weekend. :)

CBL Soaps "Velvet Wood" Shave Soap / Shave Forge 24m Synth / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor
KAI / Alum / CBL Soaps "Velvet Wood" After Shave Tonic / Eight & Bob Original EdP

IMG-8441.jpg

Saturday AM 2022-02-12
Global Movie Day
b6uNh25.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Porcelain-Jade Finest (24/55)
Ethos Grooming Honeysuckle shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/WRH2
Personna 74 Tungsten (10)
Ethos Grooming Honeysuckle aftershave

The honeysuckle soap has become a top favorite. I don't know which base it has, but it loads on the brush really easily and makes beautiful fragrant lather. The aftershave is a great finish, bringing back wonderful childhood memories.
iOVVG5t.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back