The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD February 7-13, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thu 10 SOTD
Soap Smoking Monster Year of Tiger New 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DOC
Blade American Shave Platinum 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Cella Milano Splash
This soap is almost unscented or very mildly pleasant scented. The lather was however nicely thick creamy and slick...
Easy 3pass shave with this razor and blade pairing for a bbs/dfs finish. Good aftershaves...
20220210_135945.jpg

WCS DE CC
Israeli Personna Platinum (1)
Simpson Trafalgar T3 Synth, 26mm

Old Spice Fresh Lime Shaving Cream

Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel,
Maggard London Barbershop Aftershave Lotion

Have a great day everyone
613350cf4d5034e3b6cd816c89b988cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Wednesday SOTD

View attachment 75350
Blackland Brassbird OC / Personna‌ Platinum
Opal Butterscotch Bakelite 20mm SHD Boti 3 Band Finest
Blue Devil Sandalwood Shaving Soap / Lucky Tiger Aftershave/

Oh, the beautiful Brassbird. I hope to have one someday. I just love the design and I'm sure the weight of the brass is so satifying.

SOTD: 02/09/2022

View attachment 75358

Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 3rd use
Brush: Boti Brush Purple & Green Stable Wood
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Stirling Soap Lemon Lavender Mint Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Lemon, Lavender, & Mint Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Unlimited EdT

Fantastic photo! Seriously high-quality stuff there.

February 10, 2022
Supply Co Pro
Supply Co Black Label Blade
Doug Korn with Druida Manchurian
AOS Bourbon Shave Cream
Small Batch Shave Tonic Winter Reserve

What do you think of the razor? I just got mine as well (see below).

SOTD 2022-02-10
Pre-shave: Van Der Hagen Shave Butter
Lather: Noble Otter "Monarch"
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Supply Single Edge Pro (3, 3, 1, 6)
Blade: Supply Black Label (1)
Post-shave: Omega Alum Stick and Nivea Sensitive Balm

SOTD_2022-02-09.jpg

I backed the Supply Kickstarter campaign late last year, opting for the adjustable Pro version. I don't normally go for black razors but I'm glad I did in this case. The matte finish is very sharp-looking. I find the shape pleasing, the handle length comfortable, and the weight in the hand satisfying. It feels like a quality product.

I also received one of the Pro Grip Sleeves which is made of what I assume is silicone. It slides onto the handle and provides a comfortable, somewhat squishy grip. It's not strictly necessary since the handle has enough texture to not be slippery. I think people who opted for the mirror finish would benefit more from the sleeve as would shower shavers.

Loading the Black Label blade was easy, even with the flexible plastic injector. I have already tried these blades with a few vintage razors but had to put them in a metal injector to be able to load them properly. The plastic key is just too flimsy for those razors. Fortunately, it works perfectly with the Pro.

The adjustment dial ranges from one to six with smaller adjustments in between. This allows for an almost ridiculous level of granularity for getting just the right shave. I opted to stick with whole numbers for this shave, starting at three for the first two passes, one for the third, and six for pick-ups. The adjustment range is very good, being very mild on the lower settings and quite efficient on the higher ones.

This was my first time using a Noble Otter soap, in this case, their Monarch variety. While I didn't love the fragrance, the performance was very good. I was able to whip up a substantial amount of lather with a small amount of soap. Slickness and post-shave feel were very good. The scent isn't offensive, just not my cup of tea.

I did end up with one small weeper during what was an otherwise great first shave. I think it's due to the weight of the razor being substantially more than I'm used to with an injector. I usually need to add just the slightest amount of pressure in certain areas but not so with this razor. Next time I will use a lighter touch.

Thanks for reading this much longer than usual shave report. I assumed that people might want more information since this razor is new to the market. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

Oh, the beautiful Brassbird. I hope to have one someday. I just love the design and I'm sure the weight of the brass is so satifying.

Fantastic photo! Seriously high-quality stuff there.

SOTD 2022-02-10

View attachment 75494

I backed the Supply Kickstarter campaign late last year, opting for the adjustable Pro version. I don't normally go for black razors but I'm glad I did in this case. The matte finish is very sharp-looking. I find the shape pleasing, the handle length comfortable, and the weight in the hand satisfying. It feels like a quality product.

I also received one of the Pro Grip Sleeves which is made of what I assume is silicone. It slides onto the handle and provides a comfortable, somewhat squishy grip. It's not strictly necessary since the handle has enough texture to not be slippery. I think people who opted for the mirror finish would benefit more from the sleeve as would shower shavers.

Loading the Black Label blade was easy, even with the flexible plastic injector. I have already tried these blades with a few vintage razors but had to put them in a metal injector to be able to load them properly. The plastic key is just too flimsy for those razors. Fortunately, it works perfectly with the Pro.

The adjustment dial ranges from one to six with smaller adjustments in between. This allows for an almost ridiculous level of granularity for getting just the right shave. I opted to stick with whole numbers for this shave, starting at three for the first two passes, one for the third, and six for pick-ups. The adjustment range is very good, being very mild on the lower settings and quite efficient on the higher ones.

This was my first time using a Noble Otter soap, in this case, their Monarch variety. While I didn't love the fragrance, the performance was very good. I was able to whip up a substantial amount of lather with a small amount of soap. Slickness and post-shave feel were very good. The scent isn't offensive, just not my cup of tea.

I did end up with one small weeper during what was an otherwise great first shave. I think it's due to the weight of the razor being substantially more than I'm used to with an injector. I usually need to add just the slightest amount of pressure in certain areas but not so with this razor. Next time I will use a lighter touch.

Thanks for reading this much longer than usual shave report. I assumed that people might want more information since this razor is new to the market. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer.
Great report on the new Supply! It looks to be a fantastic add to the den!

SOTD 2022-02-10

View attachment 75494

Great thoughts! How’s the bulkiness of the razor head on this one? It was an issue for me with the regular v2…hard to get under the nose and into some books/crannies of the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back