The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD February 7-13, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vintage Williams is just as good with a DE. Imaging that.

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB 38
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (1)
Brush: Sorrentino Brushworks 28mm SHD badger
Soap: Vintage Williams
Splash: ViJon Spice
Balm: C.O. Bigelow 1703 Red
Scent: Bentley Intense

20220207_044237.jpg

Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 SS
Feather (4)
Simpson Special Best Badger, 19mm

Proraso Green Shaving Soap

Thayer's Medicated Witch Hazel,
TFS Torino Forti Sensazioni Aftershave Splash

Have a great day everyone
9a671ffa84e6a2d3aaa4e08027a3835b.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

7 February, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Great shave this morning. Went with Wholly Kaw's La Supérieure "Dulci Tobacco" shaving cream. Beautiful scent! Warm tobacco, spicy and slightly sweet. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a splash of Clubman "Brandy Spice" after shave and a spray of "Bentley for Men Intense" EdP. Wonderful start to the week.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Wholly Kaw - La Supérieure "Dulci Tobacco" Shaving Cream / Wild West Brushworks "Antique" Synth / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Clubman Reserve "Brandy Spice" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / "Bentley for Men Intense" EdP

IMG-8404.jpg

#SOTD February 8, 2022
Pre-shave: Van Der Hagen Shave Butter
Lather: Declaration Grooming "Fake Yellow Light"
Brush: Jayaruh 347 Boar Bristle
Razor: Henson Razors AL13 Medium
Blade: Tatra Platinum (5)
Post-shave: Omega Alum Stick and Nivea Sensitive Balm

SOTD_2022-02-08.jpg

This was my first shave with a Henson. I went with the medium, assuming that the mild was too mild for my taste. I found this to be mild as well although it was efficient enough to provide a good shave. The Tatra blade is well worn in now and continues providing excellent shaves.

This is my first use of a Declaration Grooming product and, while I definitely liked it, I found "Fake Yellow Light" to be very similar to Stirling "Gentleman" in both fragrance and performance, and am not sure I know what paying over double the price per ounce gets me. That's not meant as an admonishment of Declaration Grooming, more of a personal value call.

The shave was uneventful, dare I say boring. It's an hour or so later and I have a 9.5/10 BBS shave so it's nothing to sniff at but it was almost too easy if that makes sense. I can see this easily being an everyday razor that wouldn't cause irritation and would be easy to use drinking coffee and shaving with one eye open early in the morning.

#SOTD February 8, 2022
Pre-shave: Van Der Hagen Shave Butter
Lather: Declaration Grooming "Fake Yellow Light"
Brush: Jayaruh 347 Boar Bristle
Razor: Henson Razors AL13 Medium
Blade: Tatra Platinum (5)
Post-shave: Omega Alum Stick and Nivea Sensitive Balm

View attachment 75271

This was my first shave with a Henson. I went with the medium, assuming that the mild was too mild for my taste. I found this to be mild as well although it was efficient enough to provide a good shave. The Tatra blade is well worn in now and continues providing excellent shaves.

This is my first use of a Declaration Grooming product and, while I definitely liked it, I found "Fake Yellow Light" to be very similar to Stirling "Gentleman" in both fragrance and performance, and am not sure I know what paying over double the price per ounce gets me. That's not meant as an admonishment of Declaration Grooming, more of a personal value call.

The shave was uneventful, dare I say boring. It's an hour or so later and I have a 9.5/10 BBS shave so it's nothing to sniff at but it was almost too easy if that makes sense. I can see this easily being an everyday razor that wouldn't cause irritation and would be easy to use drinking coffee and shaving with one eye open early in the morning.
I’ve always wondered what the DG FYL scent was like. I do like the look of the razor - seems based on looking at the head that it would be easy to find the angle. Nice shave.

Merkur 15C OC
Feather (5)
Vulfix Boar, 23mm

GFT Spanish Leather Shaving Cream

Stirling Vetiver Witch Hazel & Aloe
AVON Sterling Six Leather Aftershave Lotion

A good mild OC.
Have a great day everyone
50cf44c63ce543ecb7a9e08b91a71681.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
🚑A SHAVE DEDICATED to @NurseDave 👨🏻‍⚕🏥🩺🩹

SOTD: 02/08/2022

1644325554489.jpeg

Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 4th use
Brush: Colorado Razor Designs Light & Dark Wood
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Mäurer & Wirtz Tabac Puck
Aftershave: Epsilon Scottish Spirit Aftershave
Additional Care: Quinn’s Lavender Witch Hazel

We were having a conversation on What’s New to You - and I realized - we really need to show Nurse Dave some love - for all that he does. So here’s a small tribute using all the the products he loves. The center piece - one of his favorite shaving soaps of all time. So here’s to you Nurse Dave!

Smooth, easy, DE shaves.

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB 38
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (2)
Brush: Sorrentino Brushworks 28mm SHD badger
Soap: Vintage Williams
Splash: ViJon Spice
Balm: C.O. Bigelow 1703 Red
Scent: Majikah Perfumery Demons Blood

20220208_042931.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back