The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD February 7-13, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, the beautiful Brassbird. I hope to have one someday. I just love the design and I'm sure the weight of the brass is so satifying.

Fantastic photo! Seriously high-quality stuff there.

What do you think of the razor? I just got mine as well (see below).

SOTD 2022-02-10
Pre-shave: Van Der Hagen Shave Butter
Lather: Noble Otter "Monarch"
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Supply Single Edge Pro (3, 3, 1, 6)
Blade: Supply Black Label (1)
Post-shave: Omega Alum Stick and Nivea Sensitive Balm

View attachment 75494

I backed the Supply Kickstarter campaign late last year, opting for the adjustable Pro version. I don't normally go for black razors but I'm glad I did in this case. The matte finish is very sharp-looking. I find the shape pleasing, the handle length comfortable, and the weight in the hand satisfying. It feels like a quality product.

I also received one of the Pro Grip Sleeves which is made of what I assume is silicone. It slides onto the handle and provides a comfortable, somewhat squishy grip. It's not strictly necessary since the handle has enough texture to not be slippery. I think people who opted for the mirror finish would benefit more from the sleeve as would shower shavers.

Loading the Black Label blade was easy, even with the flexible plastic injector. I have already tried these blades with a few vintage razors but had to put them in a metal injector to be able to load them properly. The plastic key is just too flimsy for those razors. Fortunately, it works perfectly with the Pro.

The adjustment dial ranges from one to six with smaller adjustments in between. This allows for an almost ridiculous level of granularity for getting just the right shave. I opted to stick with whole numbers for this shave, starting at three for the first two passes, one for the third, and six for pick-ups. The adjustment range is very good, being very mild on the lower settings and quite efficient on the higher ones.

This was my first time using a Noble Otter soap, in this case, their Monarch variety. While I didn't love the fragrance, the performance was very good. I was able to whip up a substantial amount of lather with a small amount of soap. Slickness and post-shave feel were very good. The scent isn't offensive, just not my cup of tea.

I did end up with one small weeper during what was an otherwise great first shave. I think it's due to the weight of the razor being substantially more than I'm used to with an injector. I usually need to add just the slightest amount of pressure in certain areas but not so with this razor. Next time I will use a lighter touch.

Thanks for reading this much longer than usual shave report. I assumed that people might want more information since this razor is new to the market. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

Congrats on the new Supply Pro razor. Your initial impression mirror mine. I absolutely love the razor and new black label blades

• Razor - CG - Gen1 Lvl1
  • Brush - AP Shave Co - 25mm
  • Blade - Astra Superior
  • PostShave - Thayer’s Original
  • PreShave Oil - AOS
  • AfterShave Balm - Cerberus
  • Shaving Bowl - CC - Copper
Best Regards

Alan H

Attachments

• 6994F2EA-3C97-4B56-AFF0-F4E1F7538096.jpeg
    6994F2EA-3C97-4B56-AFF0-F4E1F7538096.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 8CF94C65-94AD-48D6-AF4B-FB70D8968DA8.jpeg
    8CF94C65-94AD-48D6-AF4B-FB70D8968DA8.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 3BF0EAA0-F98E-49BF-8A8F-8FD4A86DACBE.jpeg
    3BF0EAA0-F98E-49BF-8A8F-8FD4A86DACBE.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 3
  • B38097AA-23F3-41E1-ABA3-90F560B9E110.jpeg
    B38097AA-23F3-41E1-ABA3-90F560B9E110.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 3
  • AC576FEA-C6C0-45F1-B419-CAFB408B84E3.jpeg
    AC576FEA-C6C0-45F1-B419-CAFB408B84E3.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 4
Lather: Zingari Man "The Rambler"
Brush: Yaqi Timber Wolf
Razor: Rockwell Model T (4, 2, 1)
Blade: Tatra Platinum (1)
Result: 8/10

I'm still trying to get a good shave out of this razor. I'm sure it's me but I just can't seem to get the angle or pressure or something right. I'm fairly sure it's the largest and heaviest razor I own which makes it feel a little awkward. Oh well, I do better next time.

Oh, the beautiful Brassbird. I hope to have one someday. I just love the design and I'm sure the weight of the brass is so satifying.

Fantastic photo! Seriously high-quality stuff there.

What do you think of the razor? I just got mine as well (see below).

SOTD 2022-02-10
Pre-shave: Van Der Hagen Shave Butter
Lather: Noble Otter "Monarch"
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Supply Single Edge Pro (3, 3, 1, 6)
Blade: Supply Black Label (1)

View attachment 75494

I backed the Supply Kickstarter campaign late last year, opting for the adjustable Pro version. I don't normally go for black razors but I'm glad I did in this case. The matte finish is very sharp-looking. I find the shape pleasing, the handle length comfortable, and the weight in the hand satisfying. It feels like a quality product.

I also received one of the Pro Grip Sleeves which is made of what I assume is silicone. It slides onto the handle and provides a comfortable, somewhat squishy grip. It's not strictly necessary since the handle has enough texture to not be slippery. I think people who opted for the mirror finish would benefit more from the sleeve as would shower shavers.

Loading the Black Label blade was easy, even with the flexible plastic injector. I have already tried these blades with a few vintage razors but had to put them in a metal injector to be able to load them properly. The plastic key is just too flimsy for those razors. Fortunately, it works perfectly with the Pro.

The adjustment dial ranges from one to six with smaller adjustments in between. This allows for an almost ridiculous level of granularity for getting just the right shave. I opted to stick with whole numbers for this shave, starting at three for the first two passes, one for the third, and six for pick-ups. The adjustment range is very good, being very mild on the lower settings and quite efficient on the higher ones.

This was my first time using a Noble Otter soap, in this case, their Monarch variety. While I didn't love the fragrance, the performance was very good. I was able to whip up a substantial amount of lather with a small amount of soap. Slickness and post-shave feel were very good. The scent isn't offensive, just not my cup of tea.

I did end up with one small weeper during what was an otherwise great first shave. I think it's due to the weight of the razor being substantially more than I'm used to with an injector. I usually need to add just the slightest amount of pressure in certain areas but not so with this razor. Next time I will use a lighter touch.

Thanks for reading this much longer than usual shave report. I assumed that people might want more information since this razor is new to the market. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer.
Thanks for your fine review. I have the original Supply and was wondering about the Pro.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Fri 11 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Full Measure of Man
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar New 1st Use!
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade Gillette London Bridge 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M TFMOM Balm
Excellent soap! Good scent strength, rich creamy and slick lather...
New beautiful Brush...wow, scritchy for face lathering but yet soft for painting...
A very efficient shave with the razor paired with the blade. 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish with some micro red spots. The aftershaves were good too but my wife crinkle her nose...hahaha.
20220211_144413.jpg

Gillette Contract Head
Maggard MR1 Handle
Crystal Super Platinum (1)
Semogue Pharos-C3 Horse, 21mm

Proraso Green Shaving Soap

Thayer's Unscented Witch Hazel
Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion

Have a great day everyone
0bacc5698ce6fef3ef7ef661680c5a6a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Lather: Zingari Man "The Rambler"
Brush: Yaqi Timber Wolf
Razor: Rockwell Model T (4, 2, 1)
Blade: Tatra Platinum (1)
Result: 8/10

I'm still trying to get a good shave out of this razor. I'm sure it's me but I just can't seem to get the angle or pressure or something right. I'm fairly sure it's the largest and heaviest razor I own which makes it feel a little awkward. Oh well, I do better next time.
I have one of those. Used it a handful of times and never got a good shave out of it. Bummer man.

11 February, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Today's shave is dedicated to @NurseDave Fantastic! And fantastically fragrant from start to finish. Tabac soap and splash and I finished with a spray of Paco Rabanne "One Million". Need to get some Tabac cologne!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Tabac Original Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Rosé Noir" Silver Tip Badger / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor
KAI / Alum / Tabac Original After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Paco Rabanne "One Million" EdT

IMG-8435.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back