The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD Feb 28 - Mar 6, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 03/02/2022

1646229202719.jpeg

Razor: Smart-Helix Apollo
Blade: Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile, 1st use
Brush: Boti Brush Rainbow Jade Resin Badger
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Crowne & Crane Carnival Puck
Aftershave: Murphy & McNeil Infinitus Irish Cream Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Bvlgari Man In Black Cologne EdT

2 March, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. It's literally been YEARS since I last used Arko. I had forgotten what a truly great shave soap it is. Yeah, the scent is polarizing (personally, I like it), but the lather quality ranks right up there with its "Upper East Side" counterparts. Very slick and cushioning. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a splash of Epsilon "Blue Mediterranean" and a spray of YSL "Rive Gauche Pour Homme" EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

"Arko" Shave Stick / PAA "Solar Flare" Synth / Tatara Masamune Razor / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Epsilon "Blue Mediterranean" After Shave Splash / YSL "Rive Gauche Pour Homme" EdT

IMG-8592.jpg

Fendrihan DE SB
Perma-Sharp Super (1)
Stirling Best Badger, 22mm

RazoRock Black Bay Shaving Cream Soap

Stirling Vetiver Witch Hazel & Aloe
RazoRock Black Bay After Shaving Splash

Have a great shave everyone
5cd0f3711662ff14047b7b470bff9caf.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Wednesday AM 2022-03-02
Movie 'King Kong' premiered on this date in 1933, NYC
zguBWCX.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
Floris No. 89 shaving cream
Wilkinson Bonded System (1)
Floris No. 89 aftershave (vintage)

I love the old Floris No. 89 stuff. Supposedly Ian Fleming's and Bond's favorite. And appropriately, I listened to some of John Williams' great film score music on public radio while shaving this morning.
FZVw29F.jpg

Thu 3 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Musketeer Rapier
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 "Fine India Steel" Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Yaqi Musketeer Rapier Splash
New soap...and it was very nice! The lather is thick, creamy with good enough slickness from just a little and the scent is really good, like some expensive perfume...so says my wife!
The shave with this newly acquired antique razor was reasonably(y)! I was surprised by how long is the edge during stropping, it's more than 3in. Would like to put the edge through the pasted balsa progression but am unsure how since it's a wedge. Let's see how it goes. Managed a quick 3passes without any issues for a mostly ccs to dfs result. The matching aftershave was terrific!
20220303_103249.jpg

Thu 3 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Musketeer Rapier
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 "Fine India Steel" Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Yaqi Musketeer Rapier Splash
New soap...and it was very nice! The lather is thick, creamy with good enough slickness from just a little and the scent is really good, like some expensive perfume...so says my wife!
The shave with this newly acquired antique razor was reasonably(y)! I was surprised by how long is the edge during stropping, it's more than 3in. Would like to put the edge through the pasted balsa progression but am unsure how since it's a wedge. Let's see how it goes. Managed a quick 3passes without any issues for a mostly ccs to dfs result. The matching aftershave was terrific!
View attachment 77100
Much thanks to @MarkB for being so accommodating and willing to part with this excellent piece of history. I assure you I will take very good care of this razor!

SOTD: 03/03/2022

1646317932718.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue, 2nd use
Brush: Boti Brush Purple & Green Stable Wood
Bowl: US Army Mug Mug
Soap: First Line Shave Frag Out! Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Deton-8 Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Bvlgari Man In Black EdP

Gillette Heritage Inspired (first use)
GSB (1)
Maritime Brush Co. Cashmere Synth, Maple Burl & Resin, 26/55 (first use)

Stirling Haverford Shave Soap (first use)

Thayer's Unscented Witch Hazel
Stirling Haverford Aftershave Splash (first use)

I dug into my containers labeled 'new & unused ' the other day and except for the blade, all the above was first use. Got the Gillette razor when it first came out a couple of years ago , the Maritime brush 4 or 5 months ago, and the Stirling Haverford maybe about a year ago.
The razor was a little on the mild side but REALLY comfortable as was the brush. It's my first Cashmere I liked it a lot. Stirling Haverford Soap and Aftershave was great. It was like smoking a pipe and shaving at the same time.

Have a great shave everyone

af5bed9c29a530fc772a89912d292a73.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

3 March, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Fantastic shave today. First us of 345 Soap Co. "Rendezvous" this morning. The scent is patterned after Versace Signature Pour Homme and they did a very good job replicating the scent. I'd give it a sold B+ / A-. Fantastic scent and great lather! Very slick and cushioning. Soap and matching splash and I finished with a spray of Versace Signature Pour Homme.

Hope you have a great day. :)

345 Soap Co. "Rendezvous" Shave Soap / Moon Soaps "Villain" Synth / Tatara Masamune Razor / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / 345 Soap Co. "Rendezvous" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Versace Signature Pour Homme EdT

IMG-8599.jpg

Thursday AM 2022-03-03
Alexander Graham Bell birthdate in 1847
qN6PHYi.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
Brooks Brothers shaving soap (tallow)
Wilkinson Bonded System (2)
Ginger's Garden Ginger Blossom aftershave

Another excellent shave. However, the old triple milled soap is getting to be difficult to lather up, for some reason, so I am going to have to grate it and pack it back into the bowl.
8uw44kY.jpg

Thursday AM 2022-03-03
Alexander Graham Bell birthdate in 1847
qN6PHYi.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
Brooks Brothers shaving soap (tallow)
Wilkinson Bonded System (2)
Ginger's Garden Ginger Blossom aftershave

Another excellent shave. However, the old triple milled soap is getting to be difficult to lather up, for some reason, so I am going to have to grate it and pack it back into the bowl.
8uw44kY.jpg
That brooks brothers is just as hard, if not harder to find as Yardley Black Label. Nice shave!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back