The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD Feb 28 - Mar 6, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 03/01/2022

1646138920935.jpeg

Razor: Homelike Shaving CPAPT 2
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Ferrari Rough Complex
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: 345 Soap Company Rendezvous Puck
Aftershave: Epsilon Amber Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Versace Pour Homme (Signature) EdT

Awesome shave today. Just a few quick circular passes on the Swaty smoothed out and freshened up this steel. Second confirmation for me that this was a good buy. Balm is almost gone, and then we get to a wider rotation again.

Razor: Johan Engström, Eskilstuna Sweden
Brush: Sorrentino Brushworks "Starry Night" 28mm SHD badger
Soap: Old Vintage Williams
Splash: Old Spice Hawkridge
Balm: C.O. Bigelow 1703 Red
Scent: CK One Shock

20220301_054747.jpg

RazoRock MJ-90A
PAA Platinum Strangelet (3)
Vie-Long Horse, 24/58

Latha Shaving Soap

Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel,
Latha Le Petit Chypre Post-Shave Splash

I read chard52142 and tried the ice water rinses on my razor. Since it's winter here my cold tap is pretty cold and I used it. I have unfond memories of doing whole shaves with cold water and won't do that again unless I have to, but using cold water for only the razor rinse sounded different and novel. It was different . I can't tell if it was better but the cold razor on the warm lather and face gave a unique aspect to the shave. Thanks for your posts chard52142.

Have a great shave everyone
5965074899b4706d80dc9884a70f6857.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

1 March, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. Fantastic lather and scent from the Wholly Kaw soap. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a splash of LA Shaving "Black Rose" splash and a spray of Czech & Speake №88 EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Wholly Kaw "Chypre Rose Concerto" Shave Soap / RajonCajon "Mardi Gras" Synth / Tatara Masamune Razor / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / LA Shaving Co. "Black Rose" After Shave Splash (+Skin Food) / Czech & Speake №88 EdC

IMG-8587.jpg

Tuesday AM 2022-03-01
First parachute jump from a moving airplane, on this date in 1912, Albert Berry, St. Louis, MO
BPqNJqT.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ebony Finest (26/52)
Ethos Grooming Lavender Supreme shaving soap
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2 Copper
Wizamet Super Iridium (7)
Ethos Grooming Lavender Supreme aftershave

This soap has the richest lavender scent of any soap I have tried. This morning my skin was extremely sensitive for some reason. I could feel that the blade was a bit rough and would nick me if I wasn't careful, even in the smooth razor, and I could feel the strength of the lavender oil in the soap and the aftershave - not a burn, just an awareness. I don't know if it is something biological or perhaps something meteorological, but it happens occasionally.
sxyakkN.jpg

1646164900406.png
SOTD: 03/01/2022

Razor: Razorock Lupo 72
Blade: Wilkinson Sword , 1st use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Rocket
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Seaworthy “Abaco” Bowl
Preshave: Saponificio Varesino Burro Di Illipé
Soap: Tallow + Steel Cairo Croap
Aftershave: Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 Aftershave

New month, new set up. Going to spend some time with the Lupo this week. For soap, I went back to one of my favorite recent discoveries, Cairo, which has a nice jasmine middle note that I tried to highlight by pairing with the Don Miguel 1919. It worked well (as long as you don’t mind a floral note)!

Wed 2 SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Henkels & Friodur 472
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Stirling Iced Pineapple Splash
An awesome soap! The intoxicating scent, cooling sensation with thick creamy and slick lather...love it !!
A very nice & enjoyable shave with this razor. After a full pasted balsa progression & buffalo strop, the edge was crisp, smooth, and very comfortable in 3passes for a mix bbs/dfs result with 1 red spot. I am very pleased with this razor! The aftershaves were terrific for today's weather here...
20220302_150936.jpg

The 1703 balm keeps living on and on. DE time for a quick, easy, and smooth shave today. Should be 80 degrees here, so why not sweat out some high power CK juice!

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB 38
Blade: Gillette Yellow 7 O'Clock (16)
Brush: Sorrentino Brushworks "Starry Night" 28mm SHD badger
Soap: Old Vintage Williams
Splash: Old Spice Hawkridge
Balm: C.O. Bigelow 1703 Red
Scent: CK Obsession

20220302_055001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back