The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD Feb 28 - Mar 6, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mon 28 SOTD
Soap Smoking Monster Palace of Bliss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM PTFE 4th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Aqua Velva Musk
Beautiful lather qualities from this soap. Creamy, slick, and a nice scent too...
A good shave with this razor paired with the blade. Continuing with ice water razor dip in between passes. Hmmm...can sorta feel the blade is not as crisp but still ok for 3passes without any issues for a mix bbs/dfs result. Good aftershaves too.
20220228_093327.jpg

Yaqi DLC Classic DE
Astra SP (3)
Omega 21762 Unclipped Boar, 27/64

RazoRock XXX Shaving Soap

Dickinson's Witch Hazel with Peppermint and Tea Tree oils added,
RazoRock XXX After Shaving Splash

Have a great shave everyone
3f249bf69cdac1b33a410dd7d0731bd1.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

28 February, 2022

Good morning all! Hope you had a pleasant weekend.

Fantastic shave to end the month with. Fantastic lather and who can't love that wonderful Tabac aroma?!?! Finished with the matching splash and cologne. Ahhhhh! I smell wonderful! :cool:

Hope you have a great day. :)

Tabac Shave Soap / RajonCajon "Mardi Gras" Synth / Tatara Masamune SS Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium /
Alum / Tabac After Shave Lotion (+ Skin Food) / Tabac EdC

IMG-8582.jpg

SOTD: 02/28/2022

1646077207138.jpeg

Razor: Homelike Shaving CPAPT (START) 2
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 5th use
Brush: Boti Classic Stable Wood & Orange Resin
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Through The Fire Fine Craft Lead Sled Puck
Aftershave: Floïd Caja Negro Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Bathhouse Soaps Bespoke (Honkey-Tonk Man & Sweet Tea)

Monday SOTD

View attachment 76835
Barbaros TR-2 / Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Restored Ever Ready 150P 22mm Maggard 2- band
Ethos Mélange d’agrumes Shaving Soap & Aftershave
That's a fantastic handle. Beautiful!

Pre-shave: Van Der Hagen Shave Butter
Lather: Hendrix Classics & Co "Havana Breeze"
Brush: Yaqi Timber Wolf
Razor: Supply 2.0 (plate 2)
Blade: Supply White Label (1)
Post-shave: Omega Alum Stick and HC&C White Star balm with Havana Breeze drops

SOTD_2022-02-27_Supply-2.0.jpg

I did things backwards, getting the new Supply Single Edge Pro and then buying their previous 2.0 model. I have been wanting to try one anyway and since they are making them anymore I thought I'd get one while I could. I'm also planning on getting the new SE plate when it's released as a standalone part. The weight and feel of this one is similar to the Pro but the shave is a little different. I had less blade feel, even with the number two plate. That's not necessarily a bad thing and I did get a very close suave. Someone suggested that I try the number three plate to see if I like it better so I plan on doing that soon.

I recently got HC&C's unscented soap along with a bunch of the fragrance oils, one of which was Havana Breeze. I decided to try kicking things up a notch by adding a few drops to the normal Havana Breeze soap and I wasn't disappointed. I really like being able to control the scent strength. It's a great system.

I ended up with a very smooth BBS result. Even over twelve hours later my face is completely smooth. No wonder I love SE razors so much. Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day!

Tue 1 SOTD
Soap Smoking Monster Zen Tea
Brush Yaqi 24mm Freedom Synthetic
Razor Gillette Tech on Yaqi Handle
Blade SilverStar Super Stainless 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Cella Milano Splash
The soap qualities are really good. Nicer scent and the lather is very creamy and slick...
Just a wonderful shave from this unassuming razor paired with the blade. This reminded me how a simple setup can be so enjoyable and effective. Used a shim and heavier handle to increase the efficiency and wow...truly enjoyed it. A very smooth, crisp, and efficient 3++passes for a bbs finish. Satisfying aftershaves.

20220301_091335.jpg

Tue 1 SOTD
Soap Smoking Monster Zen Tea
Brush Yaqi 24mm Freedom Synthetic
Razor Gillette Tech on Yaqi Handle
Blade SilverStar Super Stainless 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Cella Milano Splash
The soap qualities are really good. Nicer scent and the lather is very creamy and slick...
Just a wonderful shave from this unassuming razor paired with the blade. This reminded me how a simple setup can be so enjoyable and effective. Used a shim and heavier handle to increase the efficiency and wow...truly enjoyed it. A very smooth, crisp, and efficient 3++passes for a bbs finish. Satisfying aftershaves.

View attachment 76923
The soap labels for your Smoking Monster soaps mare really neat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back