The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD Feb 28 - Mar 6, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 03/05/2022

1646494838563.jpeg

Razor: REX Supply Co Konsul
Blade: Elios Inoxidable, 1st use
Brush: Backyard Sawdust Green Wave Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Reserve Waves Puck
Aftershave: Clubman Reserve Gent’s Gin Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Commodity Fragrances Gin EdT

Saturday AM 2022-03-05
National Slam the Scam Day (day of awareness of phone scams, started 2020)
b95V5yg.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Hemingway Accoutrements + Trumper Coconut shaving cream mixture
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH3
Wizamet Super Iridium (9)
Hemingway Accoutrements aftershave

The two creams together made wonderful rich lather, and the fruity-floral scentof the HA blended beautifully with the Trumper coconut. The razor and blade combination was very smooth and gave me a close, lazy weekend shave.
kG4MsYa.jpg

Pre-shave: Van Der Hagen Shave Butter
Lather: Stirling Soap Co "Haverford"
Brush: Jayaruh 287
Razor: GEM Jr.
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless (3)
Post-shave: Omega Alum Stick, Stirling Haverford Aftershave, and HC&C White Star balm

SOTD_2022-03-05_GEM-Jr_1.jpg

I recently won an auction for what I thought was one GEM Jr. with the baton handle, a razor that I have been wanting to try. It turns out that the auction was for two of them so now I have a spare. This is such an excellent shaver. The blade guard lets just enough of the edge touch the face to get an exceptionally close shave but not enough to catch the skin and cause nicks. I'm sure it's possible but this just felt so mild but efficient.

I had heard good things about Stirling's Haverford but hadn't yet tried it. I order samples of the soap and splash and the fragrance is amazing. My wife says it's her favorite so far out of everything I have tried and I am close to agreeing with her. Even now, well over 12 hours later, I can still smell it a bit.

I ended up with an exceptionally smooth BBS result. My face is still completely smooth over 12 hours later. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Pre-shave: Van Der Hagen Shave Butter
Lather: Stirling Soap Co "Haverford"
Brush: Jayaruh 287
Razor: GEM Jr.
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless (3)
Post-shave: Omega Alum Stick, Stirling Haverford Aftershave, and HC&C White Star balm

View attachment 77323

I recently won an auction for what I thought was one GEM Jr. with the baton handle, a razor that I have been wanting to try. It turns out that the auction was for two of them so now I have a spare. This is such an excellent shaver. The blade guard lets just enough of the edge touch the face to get an exceptionally close shave but not enough to catch the skin and cause nicks. I'm sure it's possible but this just felt so mild but efficient.

I had heard good things about Stirling's Haverford but hadn't yet tried it. I order samples of the soap and splash and the fragrance is amazing. My wife says it's her favorite so far out of everything I have tried and I am close to agreeing with her. Even now, well over 12 hours later, I can still smell it a bit.

I ended up with an exceptionally smooth BBS result. My face is still completely smooth over 12 hours later. Thanks for reading and have a great day!
Very unique razor!

Very unique razor!
Thanks! I have wanted one for a while and recently saw an auction for what I thought was one that turned out to be two so now I have a spare. The brass was pretty dirty but it cleaned right up with some polish and elbow grease. The handle is very comfortable to hold. If you like SE razors, it's definitely one worth trying. They usually aren't too expensive.

Sun 6 SOTD
Soap OSP Bayrum
Brush Spiffo 28mm Manchurian
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade Silver Star Duridium 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Clubman VIBR
Very nice soap! Lovely bayrum scent with a nice creamy and slick lather...
This blade is really good and paired with the razor, became very efficient, quite comfortable but slightly less smooth going atg. 3passes for a bbs/dfs result but with 2-3 red spots. Bumps were not spared in this shave. The aftershaves were really nice.
20220306_124033.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back