The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD August 28
Dean MarkwalterCeramic Brush
Rocnel Sailor 2022
Polsilver Si
MWF
HAGL Italian Blend Postshave Tonic
Nasomatto Pardon
Wonderful Sunday shave. Mitchell’s Wool Fat is an excellent soap. I don’t use it often, but when I do it always delivers a satisfying shave.
The Rocnel Sailor is a top notch razor. Is it worth the price? Debatable. You can obtain an equivalent shave with a much cheaper razor, however, the Rocnel is very well made and fun to use due to its adjustability. With almost zero pressure, the razor will reward you with one smooth shave.
The HAGL postshave tonic is a perfect way to top off a shave. Face feels rejuvenated.polish_save.jpg

Sunday AM 2022-08-28
World Film Noir Day
Ezj9gq8.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Faux Ivory Finest (26/60)
Penhaligon's Lords shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm Diamondback 2020
Personna 74 Tungsten (2)
Penhaligon's Lords aftershave (vintage)

There is a definite Fall slant to the morning sunlight now. It's my favorite season, and the Lords software always seems to fit it well.
QCj6LYR.jpg

SOTD: 08/28/2022

1661725029276.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SR (Folding, Blue)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 1st use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phantom Aerolite
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Denton Majik Fraiche Eau Mel Puck
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans The Undersea Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Versace Man Eau Fraiche EdT

Mon 29 SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush Spiffo Manchurian Badger
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM PTFE 2nd
Aftershave Phoenix&Beau Spitfire Splash
Excellent scent and lather qualities from this soap...beautifully whip-up by the softest badger in my collection...
It's been a long while since using the GEM razor & blade and today's shave was good. Easy, smooth, and efficient in 3passes for a bbs finish & some red spots...
20220829_124710.jpg

Thanks. Great series of shaves and beautiful scenes.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

I love the background! Very cool!
Hey, thanks guys for your comments! It was a beautiful place indeed. Back for 1 day and have to travel again for another 2 weeks...and this time...not so nice scenery...hahaha but I brought a few SR and a strop, let's see how it goes...

Hey, thanks guys for your comments! It was a beautiful place indeed. Back for 1 day and have to travel again for another 2 weeks...and this time...not so nice scenery...hahaha but I brought a few SR and a strop, let's see how it goes...
Safe travels.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

29 August, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant weekend.

Great shave this morning. I observed "No Shave Sunday" yesterday so today's shave was extra nice!! Wanted an old school shave so I went with a Clubman theme. Great lather and scent from Fine's "Clubhouse" shave soap. Three passes and I finished with a splash of OG Pinaud Clubman and a spray of Dana "Canoe" EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Fine Accoutrements "Clubhouse" Shave Soap / WWBW 'Antique" Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Pinaud "Clubman" After Shave Lotion (+ Skin Food) / Dana "Canoe" EdC

IMG-9961.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back