The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a British handle on the new? I’ve never seen one on an American new like this, it almost looks like a 1940’s superspeed handle. Very nice by the way!
thank you.this is a british new 2 piece razor.it's handle is a modified version of the old type single ring but is crimped at the bottom,so the knob stays in the handle.u.s new design baseplates weren't able to accommodate this handle hence the thick flat area added, or raised flat bottom-rfb.
the top of the baseplate is similar to the new lc but more curved for better blade clamping.

Last edited:
thank you.this is a british new 2 piece razor.it's handle is a modified version of the old type single ring but is crimped at the bottom,so the knob stays in the handle.u.s new design baseplates weren't able to accommodate this handle hence the thick flat area added, or raised flat bottom-rfb.
the top of the baseplate is similar to the new lc but more curved for better blade clamping.
Very neat! I never did go down the British Gillette route, because straight razors derailed my DE collecting habit! LOL

A very beautiful razor and I'm sure an excellent shaver!

S.O.T.D - B&M Arctique 🪒💈

• Razor - Karve SB/C
  • Brush - Wolf Whiskers 24mm TGN
  • Blade - Polsilver
  • PostShave - Lucky Tiger
  • PreShave Oil - AOS - (Unscented)
  • AfterShave Splash - B&M - Arctique
  • AfterShave Balm - B&M (Unscented)
  • Shaving Bowl - CC - Copper

Best Regards

Alan H

Attachments

• D7D3F0B6-5595-4293-9E91-0C323D3BE17C.jpeg
    D7D3F0B6-5595-4293-9E91-0C323D3BE17C.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 23CEDA9D-9202-4852-ABC1-2795F644CC75.jpeg
    23CEDA9D-9202-4852-ABC1-2795F644CC75.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 1C97F43E-DEA2-4761-B813-ED919675303D.jpeg
    1C97F43E-DEA2-4761-B813-ED919675303D.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1
  • AD7CC3CA-2A36-4D60-829C-5389A1ACB46E.jpeg
    AD7CC3CA-2A36-4D60-829C-5389A1ACB46E.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1
30 August, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Another situation this morning where I had one shave already planned but changed after the arrival of some new shave goods yesterday. Been on a bit of a Bay Rum kick recently and I wanted to revisit my T.W.S. roots with a couple of products I used back when I first started this journey. I remembered the Col. Conk soap not lathering well back in the day but I was very surprised with the incredibly slick and cushioning lather I got from it. However, it did leave my face feeling a bit dry and tight. Next time I'll use some of the ETHOS First Lather. Three passes followed by a splash of Clubman "Virgin Island Bay Rum" after shave lotion (+ skin food). The VIBR splash didn't burn nearly as bad as I remember it did. Finished with a spray of Hemingway Accoutrements "Nature Isle" EdP. Excellent!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Col. Conk "Bay Rum" Shave Soap / YAQI "Surf" 22mm Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Clubman "Virgin Island Bay Rum" After Shave Lotion / Hemingway Accoutrements "Nature Isle" EdP

IMG-9978.jpg

Last edited:
Gillette Heritage Inspired
Feather DE Blade (2)

Shavemac Bulb, Finest Badger, 24/52

Chiseled Face Sherlock Shaving Soap

Thayer's Unscented Witch Hazel
PAA Oud Spice Aftershave & Cologne

Have a great shave
bfb905a5d07ff7ba6c862bc8fd0c1b8a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Tue 30 SR SOTD on another long work trip. For the first time, brought a few of my fav SRs
Soap Signature Soaps Hibernia
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
Aftershave Signature Soaps Hibernia Splash
Wonderful quality soap...rich creamy and slick with a refreshing scent too enhanced by the matching splash.
My first travel true SR shave! Brought 5 for this long trip and started with this excellent razor with a smooth and comfortable edge. 3passes for an acceptable ccs result with 2 micro red spots. Really enjoyed the experience...
20220830_152745.jpg

30 August 2022
00FA45BC-673C-4715-A2FB-7CFAF988EE5B.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: KAI Captain Titan Mild Protouch Pink, 5th use
Brush: Declaration Grooming Washington Dreamsicle Jupiter B15 2 Band Badger
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper “Obsidian” Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Old Salty Croap
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Old Salty Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Witch Hazel

Love the late summer beach smell of this set. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Wed 31 SR SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16
Aftershave A&E Peach & Cognac Splash
Lovely soap for the scent and lather qualities...with the matching splash...nice! Excellent soft boar brush for face lathering...
An enjoyable session with this razor. Nice comfortable edge (strop on buffalo leather) in 3passes for a dfs-ccs result without any issues...
20220831_102753.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back