The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shawn's forging shed

As long as it’s functional. Like is it comfortable to hold?
It's not the smallest handle I've ever made on one for sure, but when I did the twist I made sure everything was oriented so that it was the easiest to grab.

I put the large section on the "bottom" so it acted like a handle to pull if you use the hook, and be a little more out of the way when pushing.

Don't be afraid to tell me if it's not what you want. I've got more stock and it's nothing to make changes or another at this point. I want you to be happy with it.

20191027_184406.jpg

20191027_184413.jpg

That's pretty cool. Only 7 legs though ......................just kidding :LOL: I'm assuming you grip the poker below the spider and scroll?

Cool Shawn. Initially when you showed me just the handle, I was thinking the ring part was the handle, and you gripped through the ring. Thanks for showing it to me in your hand. Now I get it. Thanks. I like it.

Just wanted to give an update. I just received my fire poker from Shawn. I could not be more pleased. It’s very comfortable in the hand and I can’t wait to try it out. I know Shawn had some delays, but I told him to take his time as I was in no hurry. Even when I ordered it, I doubted I would be able to use it this year at all, anyway. But here is how it turned out. If you need/want a fire poker, I highly recommend Shawn’s work!

405AA652-7AC5-4E40-B54B-1AC25E5F1403.jpeg29A00BD2-22C7-4DE3-BDC2-5446C50680A1.jpeg7E6E6489-3396-468B-BD27-1C1ADBCCD158.jpeg
My only request was for Shawn to make mine “spidery”, I love it!
977BBB6A-2401-4CFF-A57D-A1271526F036.jpeg

Just wanted to give an update. I just received my fire poker from Shawn. I could not be more pleased. It’s very comfortable in the hand and I can’t wait to try it out. I know Shawn had some delays, but I told him to take his time as I was in no hurry. Even when I ordered it, I doubted I would be able to use it this year at all, anyway. But here is how it turned out. If you need/want a fire poker, I highly recommend Shawn’s work!

View attachment 12513View attachment 12514View attachment 12515
My only request was for Shawn to make mine “spidery”, I love it!
View attachment 12516
Very Nice.. the spider is a nice touch for you......

That turned out awesome Shawn! Sounds like a happy customer. Now we need to see a poker/knife collaboration. Poke the fire with one end and slice a piece of pig off the spit with the other end 😆

Nice Shawn.

I see that many of your knives have sharpening choils. I used to think that these were a must and filed them into many of my knives that did not have them.

Lately I've gone the other way on them as they can be problematic when cutting cord if you're in a rush. I'm going to try going without them for a while and assess. What got me going on this is seeing Howard Clark's knives. Many of his, including the one of his that I own, do not have choils.

Back