The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shawn's forging shed

Can I show the strop hanger you made for me? ...yes, Chris please do. Ok, I will.
52C02C04-105C-4E43-A953-1ADE8E151887.jpeg

and then there is the knife I was PIF’D, it is supposed to be “imperfect” in some way but you’d be hard pressed to notice. He said when he was doing the PIF that he didn’t get the grind the way he wanted ( or something like that). Well, the grind is right enough I was able to polish on pasted cotton then shave some serious whisker growth with it.
D6E96DBC-DDCC-469B-8DE9-F237F9B44CCB.jpeg

Super portfolio Shawn! It shows your mastery in the blade and forging department for sure. I'd love to see a Shawn-made Bowie knife though!

Shawn they are pretty awesome all around but that 5160 Black Walnut pair?!...oh my! Oh and the curly maple hunter...LOL

Shawn they are pretty awesome all around but that 5160 Black Walnut pair?!...oh my! Oh and the curly maple hunter...LOL
Thanks Ed. Not sure if it's still up or not in the thread, but here is a couple short tests I've done.

Super portfolio Shawn! It shows your mastery in the blade and forging department for sure. I'd love to see a Shawn-made Bowie knife though!
Thanks Mike! I've been thinking about one, but my old forge was too small and now I'm so far behind that it may be a while.

Thanks Mike! I've been thinking about one, but my old forge was too small and now I'm so far behind that it may be a while.

Yeah you do have quite a backlog of work. Like me you have things you want to do but the things you have to do always keep you from doing them. Someday!

Back