The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SHAVEWIZARD'S THOUGHTS

20220618_114458.jpg

Arko Red Tub- picked this up a while back on sale for like $3 and since there's only a piece of Arko left in the den (1/8 stick) figured it was worth it since a lot of old classics have been getting the Chop or reformulated.

Typical Arko perfoemance and strong industrial scent that one can crave from time to time. Whips up a thick lather with ease which some say can be a bit drying but any post shave product makes this a non issue.

Hope everyone is doing well. Missed y'all Cadre!

20220505_170742.jpg

TSD Desert Rose- was super stoked to see Joanna opened up the shop again. TSD was the 1st fourm I joined on this journey and the soap holds fond memories.

Scent is beautiful and more than just Rose. The menthol combined with The rosy floral scent just make this a match made in heaven. Nice and cooling without being a tear jerker.

Soap makes a great lather that is not like a typical glycerin based soap, it doesn't have a cottage cheese texture and gets quite thick providing excellent protection.the Lilac Vegetol is still unknown as to being chosen or not.....but leaning towards not lol.

20220508_193614.jpg

Vintage Ingram- this is a firm croap texture soap in a glass jar. Picked this up from a pass around box years back. Use it sparingly since finding another would not be a easy task.

Scent is musty attic vintage. Small amount is all that's needed as it is concentrated as advertised on the jar. Nice cooling effect, the most potent vintage menthol one could ask for.
20220508_194013.jpg

Don't mean to bash other places, but the atmosphere here is different.
The people here are true ladies and gentlemen, right down to their core. It starts at the top and permeates the site.
Lilac Vegetol is still unknown as to being chosen or not.....but leaning towards not lol.
Join the club. It leaves me saying "Meh."

Good to see you back here, @Shavewizard420. Please don't be a stranger - you fit in very well here, sir. :)

20220824_170557.jpg

Crown & Crane Peppered Plum- C&C is a fantastic artisan that has been around a while. Recently picked up a handful of samples and have to say I've been very impressed with some of the scents they have been coming up with. They are similar to Stirling samples and are thin 1 oz slices off a puck which is perfect for sampling IMO. Got my eye on you C&C to see what else you ha e up your sleeve.

Performance is top tier and they offer both a Vegan as well as Tallow base, this being the latter. Soap whips up a creamy shiny lather that is dense and as protective as could be.

Scent of Peppered Plum is by far the best Plum scent i have come across. It is unique and sweet without being overpowering. The "peppered" part is a supporting role and do not detect and peppery scent just a great fruity complex sweet scent. C&C has really come up with some great scents that are unlike anything else out there. Highly recommend this artisan for anyone curious and performance wise you wont be dissapointed!

Hope y'all are doing well Cadre. Much Love!

20220820_142547.jpg

Fenomeno Leon- this is a Russian artisan advertised as a triple milled soap. They are currently on sale at Paseurs for like $15. Fantastic customer service and soaps arrived in like 2 days which is lightning fast!

This soap is a bit strange in that it is poured into container and not a loose puck like most triple milled soaps but it is hard as a rock so I believe this to in fact be a triple milled soap.

Scent of Leon is Rose with supporting notes. The wife says it smells like a old lady, but I find this to be a well made Rose floral with some spice to it.

Performance is pretty decent, soap lathered well with no issues and provided a decent shave. Perhaps not as luxurious as the Crown & Crane soaps but have been getting a bit spoiled by soap bases lately so entirely fair comparison. Overall not a bad soap and have no remorse with the sale price.

View attachment 92159

Fenomeno Leon- this is a Russian artisan advertised as a triple milled soap. They are currently on sale at Paseurs for like $15. Fantastic customer service and soaps arrived in like 2 days which is lightning fast!

This soap is a bit strange in that it is poured into container and not a loose puck like most triple milled soaps but it is hard as a rock so I believe this to in fact be a triple milled soap.

Scent of Leon is Rose with supporting notes. The wife says it smells like a old lady, but I find this to be a well made Rose floral with some spice to it.

Performance is pretty decent, soap lathered well with no issues and provided a decent shave. Perhaps not as luxurious as the Crown & Crane soaps but have been getting a bit spoiled by soap bases lately so entirely fair comparison. Overall not a bad soap and have no remorse with the sale price.
I’ve not met Leon ( @Longhaultanker )to see what he smells like….

Back