The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shave like a duck

I'm a big fan of saying Torsades de Pointes! Not so much a fan of the possibility of seeing it.

Second video I've watched. Your phone picked up whisker feedback, which is impressive. It took me about a week to dial in the Sheraton, if memory serves.

I'm a big fan of saying Torsades de Pointes!
Coolest rhythm ever. Crank it up to 360j and fire away! Saw it once, he survived, but put us on edge for the rest of his stay. You sure do have a lot of testing! I think my recent schooling was easier than what you're doing. Enjoyed the video.

Something weird just happened. Somebody commented on my last video, a non-Cadre person, claiming that 95% of my video was just talking and wanted to know more about the performance.

My first thought was, "duh," but I'm giving it a little more thought.

Seeing as how that particular soap isn't super commonly used and has a slightly unique property, I can see how somebody might be looking for some insight.

Any ideas on how to incorporate a little more review style into my videos for the few soaps that might garner a little more attention? I've been watching reviews for a couple of years, but everybody has their own style, and I've never really paid enough attention to be able to pick out what stuff I would want to replicate.

Something weird just happened. Somebody commented on my last video, a non-Cadre person, claiming that 95% of my video was just talking and wanted to know more about the performance.

My first thought was, "duh," but I'm giving it a little more thought.

Seeing as how that particular soap isn't super commonly used and has a slightly unique property, I can see how somebody might be looking for some insight.

Any ideas on how to incorporate a little more review style into my videos for the few soaps that might garner a little more attention? I've been watching reviews for a couple of years, but everybody has their own style, and I've never really paid enough attention to be able to pick out what stuff I would want to replicate.
if i am reviewing something i just try to pay close attention to it and just talk my way through what i am experiencing. even if you end up changing your mind a few times about various aspects of the experience it can help to just talk as it's happening. beyond that you could also put any review type thoughts in the description once you have had time to think about it if that is more your style.

So i'm actually watching the video on youtube now and i see the comment. I would probably just answer his questions as best you can remember. The title of the video may have made him think this was intended to be a review rather than a shave Vlog. Also i think the shave vlog format is so far kinda unique to us here on the cadre as opposed to always doing some sort of review every video.

Unless you Want to include more review type content i wouldn't worry about it to much and just answer any questions that show up in the comments. You could also maybe include something in the title that indicates more of a vlog format than review.

All that being said it was a good video! I probably need to do one myself. it's been a while lol

I might just make all my videos private again. But I think chunking the comments might be a little better, so that people can still watch them and I guess send me a PM if they have any questions.

Good stuff, guys. Thanks for the insight.

I might just make all my videos private again. But I think chunking the comments might be a little better, so that people can still watch them and I guess send me a PM if they have any questions.

Good stuff, guys. Thanks for the insight.
If you make them private I'm pretty sure we won't be able to see them on here either. Also It is how people can come in contact with The TSC and vendors soaps we use and get them curious enough to google it anyway. That's why I just disable comments and leave it out in the interwebs.

Jeesh you guys. Don’t need to shut folks off. Just tell em it ain’t your style. Some folks can handle in instant fame. Some folks can’t.

Back