The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sharp’s Tales: There Will Be Blood

Just catching up Jim, nice shaves! The monthly recap is a nice touch that I should probably start doing as well. A lot to be learned from looking back on what worked and what didn’t.

Just catching up Jim, nice shaves! The monthly recap is a nice touch that I should probably start doing as well. A lot to be learned from looking back on what worked and what didn’t.

correct Steve. Though I still find myself making the same mistakes over at time. Old bad habits are hard to die.

Haiku to the shave.

Chiseled Face, Fluffed light.
Mulhe Rocca, Ouch that bites
Blood Seeps, Alum Stings.

Dec Shave #3. 1day.

Razor: Mulhe Rocca
Blade: Sputnik (2)
Brush Wiborg 2 Band
Soap: Chiseled Face Midnight Stag
Alum
AS. L’Occitan ASB

2 passes
1.XTG 45 degree fact WTG neck
2. XTG 45 opposite face ATG neck

So after all the hype I thought I would try one of the Chiseled Face sample Chad sent me. Midnight Stag. I don’t mind the scent at all. While people kept asking me if it smelt like petrol I was first getting leather on the nose. But with some time with it on my face I nailed it. Oiled Cloth like a waxed Barbour. I might have used a little to much water while lathering it whipped up beautifully but it didn’t feel thick enough. I am going to try to make it more yogurt if possible.
Frst time with the Rocca in my hand. It is pretty instinctual but I found myself using s little more pressure on this round. Till I realized I was doing that. When I gave it the right pressure I found this to be a smooth razor partnered with the Sputnik.

I did nick myself a few times. I credit to not using the razor and starting with to much pressure. Plus the lather though slick did not provide cushion. In the end there was slight irritation but none really and a fairly close shave. Let me dial it in a little more.

Home front my son’s music teacher is telling me he has a great voice and we should push him to use it more. While my 7 year old daughter felt obliged to sing me what she is working on in Choir. Hit the Road Jack never sounded so horrendous.

\n\nworth a revisit Don. \nBy the way watched your pepper challenge vid last night. Sorry laugh at your expense. Reminded me why I don’t take those challenges anymore.
\n\nLaugh away...I do stupid things some times. Chad laughs at my videos all the time and I think he has mentioned to his wife a time or two...\"Megan! You got come on over and see this!\"
1f60b.png
\n\nSo after reading your haiku...for some reason I felt obligated to read the rest of your post in iambic pentameter.
1f60e.png

Very cool stuff man. Reading your first few posts, I commend you for keeping up with whole 3017 thing. I can only last a few weeks before I switch to new things. Fortunately (or unfortunately), I've done a pretty good job with the AD and kept my collection as is for the most part this year.

Very cool stuff man. Reading your first few posts, I commend you for keeping up with whole 3017 thing. I can only last a few weeks before I switch to new things. Fortunately (or unfortunately), I've done a pretty good job with the AD and kept my collection as is for the most part this year.

Thanks for reading but I haven't been 100% 3017ing.. Closer to 80%
Traveling and just trying a new soap here and there. But thank you.

Dec Shave #4 (1 day)

Razor: Blackbird SB
Blade: Astra SS (1)
Brush: Wiborg 2 Band
Soap: Chiseled Face- Midnight Stag.
AS: Thayer’s Medicated Witch Hazel

3 Passes.
First two passes were in a 45% XTG X pattern.
3rd Pass was standard XTG. In a try to find the perfect blade for my Blackbirds. I tried the Astra Stainless Steel tonight.

A quick bowl lather yet a little more soap than water made for a slightly slick pass one.
I face lathered for the 2nd and 3rd passes. Used much less pressure and glide was good. No Weepers or irritation, Much better result for DFS.

I would Put the Astra SS's as slightly smoother than a Presonna Red.. More than satisfactory but not nearly the best for this razor.
The wife and I are heading out tonight.

Hope you had a nice evening.

The Astra SS are nice but I prefer the SP

The SP's are on deck.

I still am going to run the following through the Blackbird.
Astra SP
Kai
Treet Black Carbon
Zorrik

I should be done after that but heck thats my month of Dec.

Back