The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sharp’s Tales: There Will Be Blood

2019 Shave #2
January 2, 2018
Mergress XL -setting 3.5
Gillette Nacet (2)
Ever Ready 2 Band 20mm
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber (2) 3017
Jack Black Post Shaving Cooling Gel

Day two with the CF-GTB and loaded it better. Over all nice two pass shave till I hit a bump under my lip and took out a quick chunk of skin under my lip. Almost had to dip into my VADER funds because I am Alum and styptic pencilless. Traveling. I decided to take a chance and hope it cloys before passing out. Left it as a SAS shave for today.

On a a great trip down to Atlanta with the daughter to visit my mother and some family. Great to be spending some time with this kid. She is a super star. Hit up the Varsity for Hot Dogs and a Frozen Orange drink as soon as we hit town.

Shave Metrics Score: 7.6

\\\\n\\\\n Hit up the Varsity for Hot Dogs and a Frozen Orange drink as soon as we hit town.\\\\n\\\\n
\\\\n\\\\nI know they are just hot dogs...but when in Atlanta...you have to eat there!\\\\n\\\\n
We keep all the Guidos huddled at certain beaches and tell everyone that the entire shore is like that. Keeps the out of staters away.
\\\\n\\\\nWhen you said this...somehow I thought of this:\\\\n\\\\n https://youtu.be/3gcMBXdJRXw

Nice. I've never been close to there, but I've seen Varsity on TV.

January 3, 2018

Mergress XL -setting 3.5

Gillette Nacet (3)

Ever Ready 2 Band 20mm

Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber (3) 3017

Jack Black Post Shaving Cooling Gel

2019 Shave #3

So the puck must be retaining some water. Great performance if not slightly dry on the GTB. Think and pasty the way I like it. Not really dry though. It provided great coushin and moistened the skin. I kept the setting low and only went for two passes considering I only had about 20 hours since the last shave. I did not want to take any chances while not on hometurf after last night's hunk of skin out of the face. That wound remained sealed today though. Overall a CCS shave that was very presentable. I plan to weigh in the GTB Sunday night.

Shave Metrics Score: 7.3

Took my daughter to UGA today and had me niece show us around her campus. Think there is a new Bulldogs fan in the house. Tomorrow the Atlanta Aquarium.

Good night Cadre.

The UGA campus is so beautiful! One could fall in love with that place just from the way it looks!

Tomorrow the Atlanta Aquarium.\n
\n\nThe Georgia Aquarium is absolutely amazing. One of the best aquariums I\'ve ever been to. Give yourself a lot of time. The Whale Sharks are unbelievable. They are the only aquarium that has them. Enjoy!

Back