The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sharp’s Tales: There Will Be Blood

Glad you commented on the Mergress. My brother gave me a bunch of creams from AoS that quite frankly...I'm not that impressed with. He said it is okay if I want to exchange them for something else. AoS carries that razor and I have been thinking about exchanging what I have for that.

Glad you commented on the Mergress. My brother gave me a bunch of creams from AoS that quite frankly...I'm not that impressed with. He said it is okay if I want to exchange them for something else. AoS carries that razor and I have been thinking about exchanging what I have for that.

Correction Don, AOS carries the Progress, and online they only show the long handled version. The Mergress is a modified Progress and only available from Bullgoose.

Correction Don, AOS carries the Progress, and online they only show the long handled version. The Mergress is a modified Progress and only available from Bullgoose.

True KJ,
but Don the progress is an excellent razor too. As KJ stated is the Mergress is a tuned up Progress. The adjustable handle is Machined and heavier plus the machanics are smoothed out. Otherwise the same razor. The Progress was my first DE razor and almost got another till I saw this Mergress pop up on a BST site at the price for a new Progress.

Get it. You won’t be disappointed..

Shave #36 (1 days growth)

Razor: Charcoal Goods LvL2 SB
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Paladin Chief 28mm
AS: Thayers Medicated Witch Hazel

Yesterday’s shave was extremely close and Less than 24 hours I wasn’t sure if I should shave yet or wait till tonight. I went for it anyway.
I really loaded up the lather today after yesterday’s lackluster effort. Made all the difference.

2 very smooth passes(WTG, XTG/ATG Face/neck). Both the CG and Astra With one shave on it were perfect performers.

Till tomorrow Cadre.

1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
I must be full on hall of fame level then
You may have missed it TJ but I joined you buddy

\n\nCorrection Don, AOS carries the Progress, and online they only show the long handled version. The Mergress is a modified Progress and only available from Bullgoose.
\n\nTrue KJ,\nbut Don the progress is an excellent razor too. As KJ stated is the Mergress is a tuned up Progress. The adjustable handle is Machined and heavier plus the machanics are smoothed out. Otherwise the same razor. The Progress was my first DE razor and almost got another till I saw this Mergress pop up on a BST site at the price for a new Progress. \n\nGet it. You won’t be disappointed..
\n\nThanks guys for the correction. Maybe I will just get the mustache razor and shave my whole face with it! \n\n https://www.theartofshaving.com/razors/blades/moustache-razor-chrome/00670535670148.html?cgid=razors-safety-razors#start=1

So I’m just getting caught up here Jim. I saw your post over at the other place. I still Get notifications for certain posts through the Tapatalk app. I read your complaint, which I thought was valid, and saw some others give you a hard time about it. Unbelievable. I really didn’t see any reason for a ban of any kind either.

So I’m just getting caught up here Jim. I saw your post over at the other place. I still Get notifications for certain posts through the Tapatalk app. I read your complaint, which I thought was valid, and saw some others give you a hard time about it. Unbelievable. I really didn’t see any reason for a ban of any kind either.

thanks Steve. That wasn’t The other place that banned me. For the most part everyone was on board. It was bother place that has them as a Vendor. It’s all behind me. I laugh at it. Did you see what included samples RE gave me to make up for the inconvenience? It’s a hoot.

Shave #37 Growth 2 days

Razor: Mergress XL (Setting 4)
Blade: Gillette Nacet(1)
Brush: Ever-Ready 2 Band 20 mm
Soap TOB Jermyn Street
AS: Jack Black Post Shave Cooling Gel

2018 Comes to an end. At the Jersey Shore with dear friends. I am glad that 2018 is coming to an end. Tough year but starting to look up.

Tonights shave was a great three pass WTG, 45degree XTG and 45 degree ATG shave. Jermyn once again is a top performer in scent and performance. This scent is one of my favorite profiles: bergamot, lemon, lime, lavender, geranium, neroli, amber,
smoke, and musk. I got some minor weepers as I tend to do but cannot contribute them to anything. I am BBS and Ready for the night.

I am not sure at this point if I will be able to shave tomorrow night.

Tomorrow I need to update my goals for 2019 I hope to bring up my affirmations quote on Don's page for 2019 But will start with this one.
My only fault is that I don't realize how great I really am-Muhammad Ali

\n\nTomorrow I need to update my goals for 2019 I hope to bring up my affirmations quote on Don\'s page for 2019 But will start with this one. \nMy only fault is that I don\'t realize how great I really am-Muhammad Ali \n
\n\nThis quote rings true! I KNOW 2019 will be a wonderful year for you and your family!\n\nHappy New Year!

Back