The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sharp’s Tales: There Will Be Blood

Shave #34

Razor: Mergress XL (Setting 3.5)
Blade: Gillette Nacet(2)
Soap Declaration Grooming Chat Lux Lamplight Penance
AS: Witchazel and Jack Black Post Shave Cooling Gel

2 days growth.

15-20 seconds to load and quick lather. I am enjoying this scent more. Perfect to go out for a small family hike today. I set the Mergress at 3.5 again. I felt like I should have turned it to 4 but overall 2 passes WTG & XTG and off for the day. Nice and easy.

That really is a nice looking razor. Nice shave.

Nice shave Jim !

Anyone else notice he has avoided discussing his winnings ?
1f60e.png

It's hard to surprise people if you give it away from the start!

Nice shave Jim !

Anyone else notice he has avoided discussing his winnings ?
1f60e.png

What winnings? What I win?!?!

Sorry just got back from the holidays at the in-laws. Don’t get to chat much when I have the kids to tend too.

So you were mentioning winnings?

Oh Powerball. For a second I thought I had hit the Mother Load and won Josh’s PIF

\n\nWhat winnings? What I win?!?! \n\nSorry just got back from the holidays at the in-laws. Don’t get to chat much when I have the kids to tend too. \n\nSo you were mentioning winnings?\n\nOh Powerball. For a second I thought I had hit the Mother Load and won Josh’s PIF
\nSorry man, we\'ve been playing in your sandbox while you were away. Welcome back ?? ?

Shave #35 1 days growth.

Razor: Mergress XL (Setting 4)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Brush: Paladin Chief 28MM Ivory
Soap: Strop Shoppe Black Tie.
Alum
AS: L'Occitan ASB
Bowl Lather.

Tried one of the new Paladins I picked up in an exchange for my Simpson 58 Manchurian. Great Brush. Great Knot. I definitely made off on the better half of this trade. The Manchurian was a great brush for face lathering with creams but this one I feel can do it all. Very soft tips with amazing backbone.

As per usual, The Strop Shoppes performance was outstanding. Even though I probably did not load this brush enough. When applying the soap, I really had to work to cover up my face. I was getting this Nursey D. translucent kind of lather that I could see my skin threw. Sure it performed well. But I felt naked. When I weighed the soap, I used only about 2 grams. Usually, use 3-5 grams. So, I did not load the soap enough.

3 Passes pretty smooth. WTG, XTG, ATG. No nicks or weepers.
But I have to toss the Nacet after this thrid shave. It got a little rough at the end.

Not bad. But the alum let me know of one or two irritated spots.
I am loving this Mergress more and more. Such an intuative Razor. Just point and shoot.

In other news .. Sharps managed to get himself banned for a month from another forum for pointing out the horrible service from one of its vendors. The other forum that will not be named only asked that I not put up a Gif that it found a little over the top. 90% of the members saw it my way through.

Thank God for the Cadre. It's like living in the Wild West here. Unchartered Territories and I love it.

Jimmy the Rebel! Sorry to hear about your troubles at the other place. Im glad you’re here too.\n\nGlad the Paladin is working out well for ya!\n\n
When applying the soap, I really had to work to cover up my face. I was getting this Nursey D. translucent kind of lather that I could see my skin threw. Sure it performed well. But I felt naked.
\n\nSorry Dave of The nurse variety...I got a good laugh out of this!

Jimmy the Rebel! Sorry to hear about your troubles at the other place. Im glad you’re here too.

Glad the Paladin is working out well for ya!
Sorry Dave of The nurse variety...I got a good laugh out of this!

Please it is a place that is busy protecting it's vendor rather than it contributing members.
No Big Loss. It was one thing if I was putting them down. But I was discussing how one of their Vendors offers poor customer service. Similar to how I posted it here. A forum should know how one of their vendors preforms and the reputation they have. Eventually it got back to the vendor and they tried to make it right even though it was late. Whatever. I am a big boy. But thank you Chris.

Back