The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Gift Exchange 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for one last, HUGE, update. We did have a couple minor hiccups this year, but I'm happy to report that the last two packages have hit the road and are on their way to their Reindeer Buddies!!! YAY!!!

All other packages have safely landed at their home, and everyone has posted pictures to show them safe and sound in their homes.

This brings me so much joy! Thanks for all of your hard work this year everyone.

Looks like there's some delays on the back end.... thanks USPS! Hooves crossed for a pre-holiday delivery.

B Dave said we didn’t have to wait since he already opened his watch

OK, hear me out. I know Rudolph has informed us all that posting a pic of our gifts after we open them is required, but....

I'd also like to encourage everyone to record a video of yourself opening your gifts.

Why?
This is always my favorite part of Christmas. To me, it's not about opening my own gifts, it's about sitting back and watching everyone else open theirs. For those who have done so in the past, it definitely adds another dimension to the overall experience, and lets everyone else experience your reaction as you open them.

"But, I've never done this before....."
It's actually pretty easy. If you have a smart phone with a camera, or a laptop or other device with a camera, you can record a short video. You don't need any special editing software. Just record video, and upload to YouTube.

"But, I don't like my face being on the internet....."
That's cool. We've had people in the past, just record themselves from the chest down. We still get to see the gifts as the box is opened and they are unwrapped, and we get to hear them describe their experience while opening.

"But, I don't want everyone on YouTube to be able to see my video."
When you upload a video, you can change it from being 'public' to being 'private'. A private video is unsearchable, and only people that have the link can see your video. The link will be bosted in this thread, so we are the only ones that will see your video.

Please consider it, and if you have any questions, just ask. Most of us are well versed in adding video content to the forum, and can help.

I'm just going to tag the few folks that I haven't seen a video from before (or didn't remember if you had)..... @gobucks5485 @Sskim3 @novicewetshaver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back