The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Gift Exchange 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudolph

Santa's Favorite Reindeer
Hello Shaving Cadre! I hope you all are happy and healthy! Can you believe that Christmas is almost here? You all should know me by now, but if you're new, my name is Rudolph. You may remember me from that time I helped Santa deliver presents with my glowing red nose! I love playing reindeer games and helping Santa deliver presents every year. Santa is a big fan of The Shaving Cadre! Did you know that Santa shaves 10 months out of the year? He only needs two months to get his magical beard in place. Santa is so impressed by all of the talk, banter, camaraderie, videos, PIFs, and all the other acts of kindness going on here, that he has placed The Shaving Cadre on the "Super Nice" list! He reached out to me and asked me to do something special for this amazing community! I think another gift exchange is in order.... Do you want to play? I have talked with the owners, and they are on board! And I even got permission from Santa himself to help oversee and ensure that these gifts are delivered on time! He wants to come home after a long day delivering presents and look at the photos (and hopefully videos) of the awesome gifts that are exchanged at TSC. This should be a lot of fun!

If you're new, and curious, just take a look at all the fun we had last year:

So here are the details for 2023. Yes, there is a lot to read. But do read everything before signing up, even if you have signed up in prior years, as some things have changed.

* You must have at least 50 posts to participate, be a registered member for at least 90 days prior to signing up, and have a clear understanding of the TOU at TSC. This will ensure there is enough opportunity for your Reindeer Buddy to be able to personalize their gift for you. If you have recently joined the forum within the last 90 days AND have already hit the 50-post requirement, please message me privately before signing up so I can get approval.

* You agree to a $20 minimum purchase (not including shipping). We do have some very generous members who sometimes go above and beyond the minimums, and that is fine, but not everyone is able to do that. Please do not join in the hopes of receiving an expensive gift. This is supposed to be laid back and fun! Please be happy and respectful when you receive your gift, no matter its value.

* When you are paired, research ("stalk") your Reindeer Buddy to try to get to know them a little and make your gift a bit more personal. Read some of their posts, look at their SOTDs, read their initial "newbie" post and the "about me" section of their profile, etc. Try to find a gift they will especially love!

* You are encouraged to include something local from your corner of the world. Santa loves that TSC's members are from all around the world and thinks including something small from your hometown makes the gift a little more special.

* DO NOT to send used items (Soap, AS, etc.) unless it could be considered vintage, if you are unsure if your item is "vintage" that you want to gift please reach out to me, and I'll assist.

* Items must be shipped and postmarked by 11/30 for international packages and by 12/07 for domestic. After shipping, you MUST send tracking numbers and information to me, Rudolph, so I can notify your recipient of when their package should arrive. If you are sending multiple packages or having a package sent directly from a vendor, please let me know, and provide a tracking number for all packages. We all receive a lot of packages during the holidays, and we don't want anyone inadvertently opening a package from their Reindeer Buddy, thinking it was something they had ordered themselves. TSC takes no responsibility for lost packages.

* Please try to have your present(s) wrapped so your Reindeer Buddy can open the mailing box and have a nice, wrapped present to put under their tree. Message me, Rudolph, with specific instructions to provide to your Reindeer Buddy, so I can let them know if they can open the mailing box or not.

* When you receive your box from your Reindeer Buddy, you MUST message me to let me know it arrived, and you MUST take a picture of your gift under your Christmas Tree (or maybe just some other festive way, if you don't have a tree) and post your pic in this thread.

* No peeking or opening gifts until Christmas Day. If you open your gift before Christmas day you run the risk of being on the naughty list and NOT being able to participate next year. Remember this is supposed to be fun!

* After opening your gift, you must, at a minimum, take a picture of what you have received, and post it in this thread so we can all enjoy the Christmas festivities together. Opening your gift on video can take the experience to the next level, and is encouraged, but not required. Remember, even if you do post a video, the picture is still required. And do please, Thank your Reindeer Buddy!

Important Dates:
10/14/2023 thru 10/20/2023 I will communicate to you who your Reindeer Buddy is. Keep it a secret! Try to ensure nobody finds out who their Reindeer Buddy is until they open their gift.
10/20/2023 thru 11/30/2023 (or 12/07/2023) Stalking and shopping time! If you need any specific information from your Reindeer Buddy (e.g. clothing sizes, food allergies, favorite color, etc.), work with me, and I will send them a message to keep everything secret.
11/30/2023 All international packages must be shipped and tracking numbers sent to me.
12/07/2023 All domestic packages must be shipped and tracking number sent to me.
From package receipt thru 12/24/2023 gaze at your package, and wonder what's inside... but no peeking!
12/24/2023 count down the hours, minutes, and even seconds!
12/25/2023 Open your special gift! If you celebrate the Christmas holiday, enjoy the festivities with your family and when you have a moment, either before or after, open your Reindeer Buddy's gift. And don't forget to post those pictures!

Any deviation from any of the above rules or deadlines, for any reason, must be coordinated with me, Rudolph. I understand that unforeseen delays can occur. Please let me know as soon as you suspect any issues. Also, some of you may travel during the holidays to visit family and friends. If you think you will not be able to open your gift on the 25th, for any reason, message me, and we will work something out.

*Disclaimer: TSC is not responsible for any packages that are lost, or any packages that are not sent. These take a lot of work, and with everything going on in the world WE highly encourage that you ship EARLY! Pay insurance! And understand your gift might not arrive.

So, do you want to play my Reindeer Game, our annual tradition, The Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Gift Exchange? Comment below and add your name to the list! Then send a message to me, Rudolph, with the following:

Name:
Address:
E-mail address:
Cell phone number: (I promise to NOT call you, but I might text you, if I need to reach you)
Are you willing to ship internationally? (not required to sign up)
Acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree with all of the rules (and deadlines) of the exchange!

************* Copy and paste list below *************
**Do Not Forget to PM Rudolph Your Information**

1. Luecke3262

1. Luecke3262
2. gobucks5485

1. Luecke3262 & Iryna
2. gobucks5485

1. Luecke3262
2. gobucks5485
3. Heysi

1. Luecke3262
2. gobucks5485
3. Heysi
4. BarberDave

1. Luecke3262
2. gobucks5485
3. Heysi
4. BarberDave
5. OpusX

1. Luecke3262
2. gobucks5485
3. Heysi
4. BarberDave
5. OpusX
6. CVargo

1. Luecke3262
2. gobucks5485
3. Heysi
4. BarberDave
5. OpusX
6. CVargo
7. Majorrich

Well, Leave it to @heysi to knock someone off the list...... Don't worry, Iryna, I think he still likes you.

1. Luecke3262 & Iryna
2. gobucks5485
3. Heysi
4. BarberDave
5. OpusX
6. CVargo
7. Majorrich
8. Spider

Well, Leave it to @heysi to knock someone off the list...... Don't worry, Iryna, I think he still likes you.
What?

I just went back and looked to see what you were talking about. I think Matt posted his revised list with Iryna on it at the same time I was posting. I didn't see it until just now. Sorry Matt.

************ Copy and paste list below *************

1. Luecke3262 & Iryna
2. gobucks5485
3. Heysi
4. BarberDave
5. OpusX
6. CVargo
7. Majorrich
8. Spider
9. Fenster

1. Luecke3262 & Iryna
2. gobucks5485
3. Heysi
4. BarberDave
5. OpusX
6. CVargo
7. Majorrich
8. Spider
9. Fenster
10.CBLindsay

1. Luecke3262 & Iryna
2. gobucks5485
3. Heysi
4. BarberDave
5. OpusX
6. CVargo
7. Majorrich
8. Spider
9. Fenster
10.CBLindsay
11. THE NurseDave

1. Luecke3262 & Iryna
2. gobucks5485
3. Heysi
4. BarberDave
5. OpusX
6. CVargo
7. Majorrich
8. Spider
9. Fenster
10.CBLindsay
11. THE NurseDave
12. ED3054

Sent from my K118 using Tapatalk

1. Luecke3262 & Iryna
2. gobucks5485
3. Heysi
4. BarberDave
5. OpusX
6. CVargo
7. Majorrich
8. Spider
9. Fenster
10.CBLindsay
11. BougieDave (contact Stefan for his likes, dislikes and extensive must-have list)
FIFY

1. Luecke3262 & Iryna
2. gobucks5485
3. Heysi
4. BarberDave
5. OpusX
6. CVargo
7. Majorrich
8. Spider
9. Fenster