The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Gift Exchange 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mvargo Iryna loves her gifts! The dot paintings are something she’s wanted to do for some time! Great choice!! She was also super excited for the chocolates, she loves them!

1703530538356.png

@heysi thanks so much for the super thoughtful gifts! I do love trying new beers and I’ll have to leave a review for these local brews. The sumo squats game is gonna be fun at our larger family Christmas! They all roll their eyes at my affinity for sumo, now I’ll subject them to more of it! I’ve never been to Vegas, but the shirt and ornament are very welcome. I can walk off the plane looking like I’m a second time visitor and not such an easy mark. 😂

Lastly, the Aqua Velva hammer is amazing! I’ve never seen one in the wild and I’m honored to now own one, especially because it means a lot to me with as much stuff as I build.

Thank you so much and merry Christmas!

1703530965190.png

Ps. sorry no video this year, we had technical difficulties due to the 6 year old camera man…

I have to apologize for my late entry here, our Christmas Day has been quite discombobulated and far from my normal. I tried several times today to post an update here and read what others have been doing but I have been torn away each time.
I have to say, as difficult as I may have been for my buddy to find gifts for, my buddy did a fantastic job. My gift arrived wrapped several weeks ago (I think) with a short note included that did little to expose who they were short of an initial on the bottom. I gave the packages a gentle shake upon arrival to try to decern what wa inside but didn’t get much in the way of clues other than my wifes dog was quite interested in one of the boxes. Now that I’ve opened the gifts and read the additional notes included I now suspect the interest may have been because a safety cat may have of observed the packing and wrapping of my gifts.

Unlike years past where I sneak away to open my secret Santa gift in private, this year the opening and reading of notes was done with the entire family present. It’s nice to see how interested everyone was (my son REALLY wanted to get his hands on the booze) in the entire affair.

I admit I am difficult to shop for but as I said earlier my buddy did great. I truly appreciate the effort and thoughtfulness, I am blessed to count my buddy and many others as friends.

What did I get?
IMG_3109.jpeg

Some great things that not only reflect my interests but those of my buddy’s. I love it all!

I have to apologize for my late entry here, our Christmas Day has been quite discombobulated and far from my normal. I tried several times today to post an update here and read what others have been doing but I have been torn away each time.
I have to say, as difficult as I may have been for my buddy to find gifts for, my buddy did a fantastic job. My gift arrived wrapped several weeks ago (I think) with a short note included that did little to expose who they were short of an initial on the bottom. I gave the packages a gentle shake upon arrival to try to decern what wa inside but didn’t get much in the way of clues other than my wifes dog was quite interested in one of the boxes. Now that I’ve opened the gifts and read the additional notes included I now suspect the interest may have been because a safety cat may have of observed the packing and wrapping of my gifts.

Unlike years past where I sneak away to open my secret Santa gift in private, this year the opening and reading of notes was done with the entire family present. It’s nice to see how interested everyone was (my son REALLY wanted to get his hands on the booze) in the entire affair.

I admit I am difficult to shop for but as I said earlier my buddy did great. I truly appreciate the effort and thoughtfulness, I am blessed to count my buddy and many others as friends.

What did I get?
View attachment 124115

Some great things that not only reflect my interests but those of my buddy’s. I love it all!
I’ll be interested in finding how you like moonshine bourbon. It was the only one that had a color! 😆

Looks like everyone has opened their gifts and posted a pic and/or a video. I didn't see a pic form @Sskim3 @BarberDave or @NurseDave (unless I missed it, I had a lot of egg nog this weekend, lol). If you guys can post a pic, or point me to it if you did, then we'll wrap this thing up!

2553ab89a6d3f8a5f76d622d67d6bf65.jpg

the goodies from the one and only dave

ill post a pic of the after Xmas package once it arrives.

Thanks Everyone! Looks like Barber Dave is the ONLY one who can't (or won't) follow directions.

Great year, all! Hope you all got what you wanted for Christmas for your Rudolph Buddy, family, friends, or whoever!

Well , it is can’t, as I mentioned, the video suffices and it would be a shame if Rudolph got his nose slapped off or ended up in a New Year’s Eve dinner stew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back