The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Gift Exchange 2021

My buddy sent me some great stuff.

IMG_20211225_153752468.jpg

I'm now aware of more MWF products than I previously knew about. And I look forward to trying some Ohio tasties. And the beautiful art.....it's amazing. Thank you to @gobucks5485 . I'll try to not break this MWF bowl.

Happy Christmas, everyone.

My buddy sent me some great stuff.

View attachment 71265

I'm now aware of more MWF products than I previously knew about. And I look forward to trying some Ohio tasties. And the beautiful art.....it's amazing. Thank you to @gobucks5485 . I'll try to not break this MWF bowl.

Happy Christmas, everyone.
Thanks I am happy you like it
Thanks for the kind words on the rock
My wife spent a good amount of time on that.
And yes don't break this ceramic one ha ha.

Now that Santa’s job is Done. Time for a little Relaxation and fun.
54e7f8a5eebbf1660b5edab5d8918ea6.jpg

Sorry for posting so late, it was a busy and enjoyable day as you all know! My buddy was @Smattayu!!!!! He sent me this awesome custom shaving brush with matching scales as well as an awesome bottle of Made in Michigan Maple Syrup!
B995B321-F1EC-4185-89E1-8A89EE18B458.jpeg

Well, as many of you know I have DOZENS of orphaned blades at any given time, which are in need of new prom dresses, so…. I couldn’t help myself and I quickly pinned up a fantastic shaving Heljestrand MK No. 4, the first second I got this evening. It’s like they were made for each other!
A9A5A77A-2C5C-4633-908D-D2A483337BCF.jpeg
B77857BE-44C3-4F92-A9B5-A3C192678D43.jpeg
Christmas cards on the mantle from the Frosty card exchange!
20649BC3-90BB-46F2-9F15-2681F34D6E29.jpeg

Thanks again to Eric for my awesome gifts and to everyone for all the fun and banter!

Unboxing video:

0180F226-82C9-49CB-B8C6-36ED4DEBBBC3.jpeg

Well I tried to get my xmas present unwrapping done on Christmas day but Alicia got sick and so I was not able to get on and do it so hopefully I will get to tomorrow... Thanks to my rudolph buddy anyway for sending it. In a way its kind of ironic that I was the first one ( I think ) to get mine but it looks like I'm gonna be the last to get to unwrap mine !!!!
I hope everyone had a Very Merry Christmas !!!!

Well I tried to get my xmas present unwrapping done on Christmas day but Alicia got sick and so I was not able to get on and do it so hopefully I will get to tomorrow... Thanks to my rudolph buddy anyway for sending it. In a way its kind of ironic that I was the first one ( I think ) to get mine but it looks like I'm gonna be the last to get to unwrap mine !!!!
Ah man! sorry to hear that. hopefully you can get to it tomorrow!

Well wishes for Alicia! Tear that bad boy open and just shoot a photo, vids are not a requirement. Have fun!

Hope everyone is feeling better this morning.

I really big thank you to @Luecke3262 for probably my favorite exchange gifts ever! I can’t wait to try the Yardley soap. The chocolate smells amazing! I have been wanting to try Black Rifle Coffee also. The sandalwood lotion bar and lip balm feel really nice. But Matt went out of his way having his kid make me a card. Really tugged at my heart strings! And he really did some stalking and paying attention with the coffee mug. With both of my services on the mug and my favorite TS Elliott line! I used it for my coffee this morning. Merry Christmas Matt!

View attachment 71311View attachment 71312View attachment 71313View attachment 71314View attachment 71315

On Edit: Adjusted the photos.

Okay, I didn't have the time to post a real good post yesterday. While this wasn't a first Christmas with Danger Baby, this was the first interactive Christmas with Danger Baby. Anyway, I just really wanted to let @Luecke3262 that he did an amazing job with the exchange. I mean Matt really hot it out of the park! I know it is hard to tell from my sideways photos (seriously...why can't I get these things straight? We need an orientation button in TSC) but Matt had some really amazing and thoughtful gifts. Namely the card that his son drew and the coffee mug. Matt was either really paying attention to my posts, or did some real searching, as not only did he have a mug made with the two services I served in (Marine Corps and Army National Guard), but he also made it with one of my favorite lines (and a very fitting line of poetry for drinking coffee) from TS Elliott. Everything about this was incredibly thoughtful!

To make things better, he added in the box some Russian Chocolate (which is personal to him), local moisturizing products, Yardley Shave Soap, Black Rifle Coffee, and some socks that are shave related (these will definitely be posted in the "What Socks are You Wearing" thread). All in all this is one of the most heartfelt exchange boxes I have ever received, and I have been doing the shave site exchange thing going back to the other place. It is truly amazing!

Thank you so much Matt, Iryna, and Family! You all are truly Amazing. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Hope she is feeling better today!

Back