The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Gift Exchange 2021

Aidan is here and we just did our gifts - thank you so much Reindeer Buddy!!! We love the shirts and the cologne!!

The others will be over later this week and I’ll grab shots of them (surly teenagers permitting 😂)

View attachment 71243
Watching the video now. Are you sure Aidan is not your clone? My goodness looks just like you! Merry Christmas and God bless!

I would loved to have had a chance to make a video of my opening, because everything is SO cool. My secret buddy is @Sskim3 (Tom) and he absolutely killed it. My wife was enjoying everything as I was opening it…maybe it’s because there was nothing particularly shaving related. Tom sent me a note describing everything and how/why he included it in my package. He started by lamenting what a task it would have been to try to get the guy who has everything shave related already more shaving stuff…then he went in for the kill by going with edible goodies from all his favorite places. Just incredible.
CF95E040-6E55-47B6-A58E-5627A0C48F8C.jpeg
3A82D8B0-153A-4F84-91BC-D56F5EC130C4.jpeg
homemade jam and apple butter. Smoked salt flake and awesome peppercorns. Honey and ketchup made with honey…oh yeah. And COFFEE. And a great smelling soap from a local artisan. Great stuf

Merry Christmas everyone!

20211225_133002.jpg
Hey take the spoiler off and let the world see that beautiful mug

My Rudolph buddy was John, @The Monkey

He took me on an amazing journey, and provided me with the exact kind of Rudolph gift I was hoping for. It was perfect. I am posting my video, and several videos from John to me, which after you start watching my video, will make sense. I hope you enjoy this journey at least a little bit, because I enjoyed it immensely! And I’ll enjoy these gifts for years to come!

So I need some help. We took a video on my wife’s phone and she has the iPhone 13 pro. The video is in 4K and is 2.2 gb large. I was gonna AirPlay the file to my phone but due to size I am running into issues. What options do I have? Ironically, I didn’t take a picture. @CVargo did a wonderful job curating items. At first I thought it was from @mvargo not that I doubted Chad’s gift giving skills. :)

@CBLindsay i am glad you liked it! It definitely took me some time to figure out what to do. My biggest fear was making sure all those glass jars travelled safely to the west coast! I’m glad the wifey enjoyed it as well.

So I need some help. We took a video on my wife’s phone and she has the iPhone 13 pro. The video is in 4K and is 2.2 gb large. I was gonna AirPlay the file to my phone but due to size I am running into issues. What options do I have? Ironically, I didn’t take a picture. @CVargo did a wonderful job curating items. At first I thought it was from @mvargo not that I doubted Chad’s gift giving skills. :)

@CBLindsay i am glad you liked it! It definitely took me some time to figure out what to do. My biggest fear was making sure all those glass jars travelled safely to the west coast! I’m glad the wifey enjoyed it as well.
I use the app called youcut and then upload to YouTube.

Glad you like the gift!!

He took me on an amazing journey, and provided me with the exact kind of Rudolph gift I was hoping for. It was perfect. I am posting my video, and several videos from John to me, which after you start watching my video, will make sense. I hope you enjoy this journey at least a little bit, because I enjoyed it immensely! And I’ll enjoy these gifts for years to come!

Great concept and idea

He started by lamenting what a task it would have been to try to get the guy who has everything shave related already more shaving stuff…then he went in for the kill by going with edible goodies from all his favorite places.
That’s the perfect gift! Well done Tom!

Glad you enjoyed it. I was hoping that the QR code wasn't too weird but it was a blast watching you go through the process.

Wow, thanks so much to my Rudolph Buddy! Sorry, no video this year.

cotnotXl.jpg

ZGxHJ33l.jpg

Two separate variety boxes of Cuba fragrances, a cactus Christmas tree ornament, a jar of prickly pear cactus jelly, a TSC shave bowl, a set of polyhedral gaming dice, and a bag of(I'm guessing) home roasted coffee which smells amazing!

I've heard a lot about the Cuba frags but have never tried them, and can't wait to give them some test sprays. Even though it is later than I usually drink coffee I'm seriously considering grinding some up and having a cup. Decisions, decisions...

There was no Rudolph Buddy identification in the packages. I have a couple of guesses, but I'm not sure if it would detract from their fun for me to guess and possibly nail it, so I'll simply say thank you and I hope you had a fantastic Christmas!

I hope my Rudolph Buddy recipient enjoys my gifts as much as I'm loving these. Merry Christmas all!

I am absolutely blown away by the generosity of my Christmas buddy’s gifts!!

Everything is 100% awesome!

I didn’t see the return address or anything overtly pointing to who my buddy is, but I’d bet on it being @Fenster .

The knife and lighter will absolutely be part of my EDC from now on!

My nose doesn’t know exactly what it’s smelling in the Hombres shave soap, but it’s just fresh and clean and fantastic!

Thank you!!!

C8ED59E9-81C2-48FA-990B-6B3A5F79B56D.jpeg
1360B0EE-1DE8-49D1-AD2D-E51D9E5433D2.jpeg
EED2B740-B201-4CBC-A9DB-B8660FD07481.jpeg

Back