The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Gift Exchange 2019

I hope @Majorrich enjoys the Strike Gold shave products. I wasn't sure what to get the wetshaver that has everything. :) Merry Christmas, Rich!

Now for my buddy...

This gift rendered me speechless.
IMG_20191225_101145864[1].jpg
I was a little worried when the box arrived damaged. However, the contents were unharmed.

IMG_20191225_101256887[1].jpg
The packaging was good, but there was no indication of what it is or who sent it.

IMG_20191225_101313012[1].jpg
What is this piece of wood that I see in my box? It is quite large.

IMG_20191225_101406340[1].jpg
Wow! That is quite a cutting board, but what else do we have here. I still am not sure who my buddy is.

IMG_20191225_101955492[1].jpg
Thank you, @ShawnF for the stunningly beautiful knife and cutting board! The letter states that the knife is forged by Shawn of 1095 high carbon steel (that will patina with use), the handle is locally harvested black walnut, and the cutting board is made at the plant where he works. I cannot overstate the beauty of this gift. I can't wait to give it a try.

This is the best gift that I received this Christmas.

Nice Doug! That’s some high quality cheese cutting action!

Really enjoying everyone’s reveals! Good stuff guys!

Just as I unwrapped my Cadre gifts and was prepared to post, the girls came out to open gifts.

Now that they are facetiming with another sister again, I can post pics!

My Cadre gifts are hiding somewhere in there!..... I think 🤪
1577307470462.png

Yup, a little digging and there they are!
1577307551608.png
1577307582880.png

Need a knife (a Cadre Christmas tradition!)
1577307625863.png

KJ came prepared with a knife right from the get-go! 🕺
(see... we CAN learn!)

Watch out for those gummies, just in case they are the sugar-free ones that bring great destruction!

Great socks (leggings?) and those blades are cool!

Happy you liked it @Spider

The scent of the soap is of Finland's national candy, called Salmiaki, which is a funky licorice type thing. Obviously I had to include some actual sallmiaki, in the form of skulls.

The hard candies are filled with powdered salmiaki. If you like licorice stuff, you'll dig this.

Moomin are from a very famous comic series here from way back in the day. By Tove Jansson.

The key chain is actually a reflector, we hang them on jackets or backpacks in the winter, because it's dark all the time. The character, is from the Moomin series, and kind of reminds me of you in a nice way.

The socks are hand knit by my Mother in Law. These wool over-socks are really popular here, since shoes aren't worn indoors. Proof of handmadeness:
75491784_684184505748116_2171743302620020736_n.jpg

Socks!! In much better shape than the pair I lost!🤪
View attachment 13801

Framed album cover (with album?) from Chess, The Musical! :love:
View attachment 13802

All together for the family pic!
View attachment 13803

Thank you VERY much, @Majorrich :love:
The bowl started out with lathering in mind. It is Olive wood. I picked it for the neat grain, not thinking about how lather and water would affect the wood. Sorry about the asymmetrical shape. I wanted to squeeze as much bowl as I could and preserve the “obviously hand made” Character. The weeding tool is a nicer version of what I use in my little garden. Be careful, they can be very sharp. I got myself one too maybe to have Shawn look at to improve on. The record is a 45 I got this summer with you in mind. You would have gotten it Rudolph or not. The song reminds me of you every time I hear it.

Back