The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rich Tries to post a video.

Nice shave Rich. Yes, WR Case bought the Genco razor division From Geneva Cutlery in 1935. Attached is an interesting article from an old Case Collectors Club magazine.
Neat-o! So it seems the Case razors are probably younger than the Cutco’s, and Red Imps of the Case variety are older than the Solingen.

Neat-o! So it seems the Case razors are probably younger than the Cutco’s, and Red Imps of the Case variety are older than the Solingen.
Not sure, did you mean "Cutco's" or Genco? Also did you mean other Red Imps from Solingen (not familiar with these) or Case razors from Solingen? The first W.R. Case straights are from 1902. I dont have the info in front of me here at home, but I am guessing the Case Red Imps are from around th e '40s - '50s ( just my guess). The history of Case is very complicated and often contradictory . I have collected a lot of info since i started working there and have had many conversations with our Historian about Straight razors. If you have any specific questions I would be glad to try to get answers for you.

Not sure, did you mean "Cutco's" or Genco? Also did you mean other Red Imps from Solingen (not familiar with these) or Case razors from Solingen? The first W.R. Case straights are from 1902. I dont have the info in front of me here at home, but I am guessing the Case Red Imps are from around th e '40s - '50s ( just my guess). The history of Case is very complicated and often contradictory . I have collected a lot of info since i started working there and have had many conversations with our Historian about Straight razors. If you have any specific questions I would be glad to try to get answers for you.
Yes, im meaning Genco. I’ve been looking for a backup Red Imp and am seeing a lot of them made in Solingen.

Yes, im meaning Genco. I’ve been looking for a backup Red Imp and am seeing a lot of them made in Solingen.
I see, I know there were red imps made by multiple manufacturers but i am am not really familiar with the non Case ones. The only name I can recall at the moment is Morris Red Imps, but I am not sure if Morris was the manufacturer or a store brand that had their name stamped on the razors (which was common). I will look in my stash to see what I have.

Back