The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

2018 Shave Count (DE: 214 SV: 8 SR: 7)

Pre Shave-
Warm splash to shave.

Shave-
Three Ranners SR
Vulfix badger
PdP #63 soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
PdP #63 ASB

So today was a late afternoon shave. I was really wanting to try this PdP with an SR. Started with the Dovo which is still not 100%, Then switched to the Three Ranners. I kept the Vulfix brush and loaded for 30 seconds. Adding more water as I went, I built an awesome lather.

Went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG, and have no drama to report. Today I walked away with a CCS+ for the win!

Wrapped up the shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. Used the matching ASB and everything was right as rain! The soap and ASB scents are not loud. I know it’s complex, but I mostly pick up tobacco. The shave settled down quickly for a very nice post shave feel. Life is good!

Nice shave Tim! You'll get the Dovo there soon. It almost might be worthwhile sending it out to be honed, then it's just a matter of maintenance on the treated balsa.

Yup, that fills up my den. Now I just have to reach the bottom of a tub.

If you try it with the PdP, prepare for a year+ of No.63 lathers...lol.

Yup, that fills up my den. Now I just have to reach the bottom of a tub.

You say this like you can't buy anything more until you use something up...Shame...Shame on you!
1f60b.png

This poor guys needs an intervention in soap hiding places through the house

Nice shave Tim! You'll get the Dovo there soon. It almost might be worthwhile sending it out to be honed, then it's just a matter of maintenance on the treated balsa.
I’m gonna meet a guy in Dallas tomorrow that will put an edge on it for me. Then it should be good to go.

If you try it with the PdP, prepare for a year+ of No.63 lathers...lol.
I think the Tabac and PdP will be around for awhile. I’ve got a pretty good dent in the Proraso Red.

2018 Shave Count (DE: 215 SV: 8 SR: 7)

Pre Shave-
Warm shower and warm splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Old Type

Astra SP (8)
Vulfix badger
PdP #63 soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
PdP #63 ASB

So today was another late afternoon shave, after yard work. Changed up the razors but I kept the soap/AS and Vulfix brush Loaded for 30 seconds, adding more water as I went and I built a great lather.

Went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG, and have no drama to report. Funny thing was, I tried to switch hands a couple of times. I always shave right handed with a DE. Today I walked away with a BBS for the win! It was/is truly glorious.

Wrapped up the shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. Used the matching ASB and you know everything was right as rain! The shave settled down quickly for an awesome post shave feel. The wife likes the scent, so I think I’ll take her out to dinner. Life is good!

I love it...

Because she liked the scent, you took her out to dinner! What happens if she doesn't like a scent?
1f60b.png

Back