The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Finally caught up Tim!!! Some great shaves; looking forward to the first use of the sight-unseen razor from Larry at Whipped Dog!

Me too! I still need to watch a video on stropping.

The razor is called Three Ranners. That’s on the shank and in gold on the blade. It’s swedish, but I can’ find any info on it. Oh well!

Woohoo! Started the day with a morning shave.

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Astra SP (3)
Vulfix badger
GTB soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

I will be rocking the Slim for part of this week, I'm just not sure what part. And as I mentioned yesterday, the badger is getting some love this week too. Looking back, if I had to scale down to just two brushes I would go all natural with the boar and the badger. Feel free to cringe at your leasure. Anyway, here we go. I grabbed the GTB and got after it again. Ran a wet brush and loaded it for 20 second. The lather built easily and was nice and slick.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Today I walked away with another DFS for the win! I've mentioned it before, but it's worth repeating ... the Slim delivers!

Wrapped up the shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. Hit it with the GTB AS and everything was right as rain! The shave settled down quickly for a great post shave feel. I really dig these morning shaves. Life is good!

I'm trying to give you your space rockin' the GTB, but I might just have to hit that up once this week.

The GTB is always a winner, unless you are KJ.
1f603.png

No shave this morning, grrrrrrrr!

Had to get up at 2am and drive to East TX. We are awaiting delivery of a new granddaughter.

Should be able to wrap the day up with a shave though.

No shave this morning, grrrrrrrr!

Had to get up at 2am and drive to East TX. We are awaiting delivery of a new granddaughter.

Should be able to wrap the day up with a shave though.

Hey, wrap up the day with a nice shave and a new granddaughter? Sounds like a pretty darn good day to me!

My prayers for grand day for you and your family!

Hey, wrap up the day with a nice shave and a new granddaughter? Sounds like a pretty darn good day to me!

My prayers for grand day for you and your family!

Yup, that’s the plan. It will be a great day when she arrives. But ... we are still waiting. Thanks for the prayers Chris!

Well heck, a new baby is reason enough to delay a shave. Not skip it, but delay is understandable.

Back