The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

I managed to get up early enough this morning, so let’s start the day with a shave!

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Goodwill
Astra SP (8)
Vie Long horsehair
Tabac soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Tabac AS

I will probably run the Goodwill the rest of the week. I guess I was fortunate to pick the Astra blades early on. They do a great job in all my razors.

I grabbed the horsehair and loaded the brush for 15 seconds. I had enough soap for a great lather. It was another nice, slick lather.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I walked away with a BBS shave for the win!

Wrapped up the shave with a splash of water, a quick towel dry and a splash of AS. And you know it ... everything was right as rain. The shave settled down quickly for a great post shave feel. I hate getting up early, but had a slow, relaxing shave. Great way to start the day. Life is good!

Almost forgot to mention that the last few nights have been late nights. We’ve been car shopping and the wife found the car she just had to have. It’s the Hyundai Veloster.

Fun, quirky little car. We dig hatchbacks, but haven’t had one in a while. It’s black on black. Everyone knows black is faster ?

Nice Tim. Nothing better looking then a Black Car.................................when it's clean
1f601.png

Glad y'all were able to find a car.

Tabac continues to rule!

And nice mail call. That razor looks like it has definitely has seen a lot of action over the years.

Glad y'all were able to find a car.

Tabac continues to rule!

And nice mail call. That razor looks like it has definitely has seen a lot of action over the years.

Yeah, the car has a moon roof. I can crack it like a vent and leave a Tabac scent trail.

That razor may have seen a bit of action. I’ll have to see if I can clean it up later.

Can you believe that I managed to get up early again this morning? So I am starting the day again with a shave!

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Gillette Goodwill
Astra SP (9)
Vie Long horsehair
Tabac soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Tabac AS

Winding down the rest of the week with this kit. I grabbed the horsehair and loaded the brush for 20 seconds today. Lather was nice and slick. But it was kinda strange in that the brush didn't want to give up enough lather for that third pass. So, back to the puck I went for another 5 seconds and that took care of it.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I walked away with a BBS shave for the win! At 9 shaves, this blade seems to be doing well, it is really smooth. A nice, slow relaxing shave and it was great!

Wrapped up the shave with a splash of water, a quick towel dry and a splash of AS. And everything was right as rain! The shave settled down quickly for a great post shave feel.

Finally getting some rain around here today and starting the day with a Tabac-elicious shave. Life is good!

I will admit that the Vie Long has a habit of holding the lather in the bristles. This is good and bad. But I'm glad you were able to get that 3rd pass in.

Good shave Tim!

Horse hair brush just sounds weird, I guess because it’s such a domesticated animal; but glad it’s working well!

All this Tabac talk has convinced me to get it in the line up for tomorrow. Yessiree!

Good shave Tim!

Horse hair brush just sounds weird, I guess because it’s such a domesticated animal; but glad it’s working well!

Yeah but it’s no kill, so it’s all good. I just wanted to have one of every type.

Rocking the day with another morning shave!

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Gillette Goodwill
Astra SP (10)
Vie Long horsehair
Tabac soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Tabac AS

Wrapping up this shave kit today. I grabbed the horsehair and loaded the brush for 20 seconds again today. The lather was nice and slick, but again the brush didn't want to give up enough lather for that third pass. Earlier this week I didn't run into this issue, only the last two shaves. So, back to the puck and that took care of it. Kinda odd.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. This morning I walked away with a DFS for the win!

Wrapped up the shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of Tabac AS and everything was right as rain! The shave settled down quickly for a great post shave feel. Life is good!

Great shave again Tim! You have definitely given the Vie Long a fair shot, and it's obviously not your favorite brush. It's probably time to put it back on the shelf and move on to bigger and better things!

Back