The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Great shave again Tim! You have definitely given the Vie Long a fair shot, and it's obviously not your favorite brush. It's probably time to put it back on the shelf and move on to bigger and better things!

Thanks Don!

Yes, back on the shelf it goes. I just didn’t want to quit it until my rotation was up. Looking back, it has done this before but I’ll keep throwing the brush into rotations. Maybe it’s in a phase and eventually will straighten out.

Had too much going on yesterday and missed my morning shave.

Pre Shave-
Warm shower and water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Astra SP (1)
Razorock synth
Mudder Focker soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash

I really wanted to try the new straight, but it was a long tiring day so I loaded up the Slim. I shelved the horsehair and grabbed the synth. I had a really wet brush, so I loaded it for 30 second. The lather built effortlessly and was nice and slick. I didn’t have any third pass issues with this brush.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Last night I walked away with a DFS for the win!

Wrapped up the shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. Even without a splash of AS, everything was right as rain! The shave settled down quickly for a great post shave feel. Guess I’ll have to try the AS if it is ever back in stock. Life is good!

Sometimes shaving just has to take a back seat.....no wait did I just say that out loud?
1f609.png

Great shave Tim!

Had another long day yesterday and missed my morning shave. So, to wrap up the day I kicked it up a notch.

Pre Shave-
Warm shower and water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Astra SP (2)
Vulfix badger
GTB soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

Another long, tiring day yesterday. So instead of grabbing the SR, I went for effortless and rocked the Slim. For this week, I think i'll show the badger some love too. I grabbed the GTB and got after it. I had my normal wet brush and loaded it for 20 second. The lather built easily and was nice and slick. I had enough lather for 3 passes and then some.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Last night I walked away with another DFS for the win! The Slim is a great and reliable razor.

Wrapped up the shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. Hit it with the AS and everything was right as rain! The shave settled down quickly for another great post shave feel. Life is good!

Finally caught up Tim!!! Some great shaves; looking forward to the first use of the sight-unseen razor from Larry at Whipped Dog!

Finally caught up Tim!!! Some great shaves; looking forward to the first use of the sight-unseen razor from Larry at Whipped Dog!

Pretty sure it’s goong to need to be Tim’s first video...bloodletting and all!

Back