The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave mail.

I picked up a small boar brush from the Czech Republic for my travel kit.

I need to try it and the bakelite handled razor. I have the soap pushup tube loaded with a Palmolive stick.

Great shave, read, and picture Tim!

Some of the UK soaps can be a real pain to lather!

Mixing it up this weekend and changed my setup again.

Pre Shave-
Hot shower followed by a water splash to shave.

Shave-
Maggard Razor MR7
Voskhod Blade
Razorock Synth
Ghost Town Barber soap

Post Shave-
Hot water rinse
Ghost Town Barber AS Splash

Broke out the GTB and cracked the seal. I haven’t used this soap since I used up the sample. Loaded up and got down to business. That synth brush easily cranked out some awesome lather.

I did keep the same razor and blade for this shave. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. With this setup I walked away with another BBS shave. I mostly use vintage, but this MR7 razor is really a good shaver.

Wrapped up my shave with another splash of water and a quick towel dry. Followed this up with a splash of GTB aftershave and everything was right as rain. This AS starts with a menthol kinda kick and then settles down quickly for a great post shave feel. Life is good!

Great Shave! I'm not a fan of the GTB scent, but you can't argue with results!
1f44d.png

Getting caught up. I was way behind. Lots of great shaves. Love both the Tabac and GTB.

Great shave and picture Tim!

Chiseled Face makes some great performing soaps and after shave, IMHO!

Wow Tim! i been marathoning your journal and what an adventure you are having! I do a lot of Voskhod too.

Caught up on some real good stuff, Tim! GTB is just such a great soap and splash. It seems like it would be a cold weather staple, but it's just light enough for warm weather, IMHO, and the menthol kick in the aftershave makes it nice and cool.

Caught up on some real good stuff, Tim! GTB is just such a great soap and splash. It seems like it would be a cold weather staple, but it's just light enough for warm weather, IMHO, and the menthol kick in the aftershave makes it nice and cool.

It is some great stuff! But I haven’t graduated to seasonal sets yet ?

Been crazy busy at work so I haven’t posted in the last few days. I ran with the GTB Saturday and Sunday. Started Monday with a Stirling rotation.

Pre Shave-
Hot shower followed by a water splash to shave.

Shave-
Maggard Razor MR7
Voskhod Blade
Omega boar
Stirling Ben Franklin soap

Post Shave-
Hot water rinse
Stirling Ben Franklin AS Splash

Brought out the Stirling. Another soap that I haven’t used since I used up the sample. Loaded up and got down to business. The Omega brush cranked out some awesome lather. I loaded a bit heavy, but got it dialed in quickly.

I did keep the same razor and blade for these shaves, but I may change razors before the end of the week. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. With this setup I mostly walked away with BBS shaves. This MR7 razor is really a good shaver.

Wrapped up my shave with another splash of water and a quick towel dry. Followed this up with an AS splash and everything was right as rain. This AS settles down quickly for a great post shave feel.

Life is good!

Back