The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Love Mudder Focker! One of the first soaps I used when I started.

They don’t allow you to announce certain maintenance times on you systems, to keep people off?
I know they do this at my day job. We're a nationwide company, and we have people that work remotely from home in certain situations. So there is a chance that someone is accessing the network at any given time. They usually shoot out a mass email when they're going to do anything that requires everyone to stay off the system.

Well, that was my quick entry for the day. Now to add a little detail to it ...

Shave Count (DE: 260 SR: 173)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Boker SR
Vulfix badger
Mudder Focker

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Mudder Focker AS

Still rocking the week with the Mudder Focker set and for whatever reason, I am really digging it more this time around. Had a bit of a late start this morning, but I was determined to get in an SR shave. Grabbed up all the kit and got to it. Stayed with the same routine and loaded the soap for 30 seconds. Started working the lather on my face, adding water as I went, and cranked out a really nice lather. Trying to keep it a bit wetter today (just testing) and it worked very well. I even had a noticeable difference in the residual slickness.

Kept with the 50 laps on the leather and was ready for business. I did notice something this morning while stropping. Shortly after buying this one, I nicked this strop. I thought I had it cleaned up well enough and hadn't noticed it since. Well this morning I noticed it again. I'll have to see if I can get that corrected in the next day or two. Luckily it's in a spot that I can work around. Kinda bummed just a tad. But anyway. Went with my standard shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Great shave this morning, but I missed a tiny bit on the jaw line. So ... we'll call this DFS+ for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and quick towel dry. A double shot of the AS and everything was right as rain! It's Thursday and we are supposed to hit 80 degrees today. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 260 SR: 174)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Boker SR
Vulfix badger
Mudder Focker

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Mudder Focker AS

Ok ... winding down the work week with the same gear. I guess I really just need a quick update today. Setup, routine, performance and the outcome have been pretty much the same. Went with the 30 second load time on the soap and whipped up a very nice lather. Again today I noticed an improved difference in the residual slickness. 50 laps on the leather and was ready to go. Went with my standard shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Another great shave this morning and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and quick towel dry. A double shot of the AS and everything was right as rain! Really not much to add to that. The last few shaves with the MF have been very pleasant and I am really digging the scent. My opinion for this soap/AS has really made a 180 degree turn. At first I thought it would find it's way into the sell/PIF pile. But the last few days have completely changed my mind and it's a keeper. That's all for now. Life is good!

Back