The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Prolific Ponderings of Paranoid Psychosis

Well I hope everyone has been doing well........ I have been doing pretty good. Allergies have been tough but thats the changing season. I have been taking the twins to the park a lot since we have been having 70's and 80's here and have not been really keeping up with the shaves and haircuts lately. I have been pulling a nurse dave with the facial hair , speaking of which I have to say congrats to @NurseDave for the bingo win... Also that was a pretty fun game that @Spider came up with. I wonder what Daves theme will be?? I guess we will see when he post his game..... I need a haircut , I had one of those Tommy Shelby french undercuts from Peaky Blinders going on but its grown out now and is more of a Brendan Fraser from Then Mummy style so , I think I will wait a few weeks and then maybe get it cut and maybe shave, I just don't know yet... Well all has been going good lately I got out of my "slump" a while back so yipee..... Well I just thought I would post an update in case anyone was interested.... Have a good night all......

Oh I forgot to mention the Clauss straight razor came in yesterday and the strangest thing was the personal note sent with it said "be careful ,its sharp ", but it wouldn't even trim arm hair , weird , so there's Another I now need to get sharpened !! I also have one of those 1920's / 30's Segal DE razors coming my way, Its in dire need of a cleanup but hopefully it will turn out okay. I have heard they are supposed to be good shavers.. I will be glad when the weekend gets here....I got the twins up to go to school this morning but they were both sick , I told them they didn't need to go to the park Every Day but they begged and I gave in so now they are paying the price ( as am I ) , My allergies are kicking my butt !! The twins are a little warm and nauseous so they are home for the day... Jjays Birthday is coming up on St Patrick's Day !! Its crazy to think my little boy will be 15 !!!! He's not so little anymore !! Well I haven't shaved yet today and if I do it will not be a full shave , just a neck and cheeks clean-up to keep the " @NurseDave " :) straightened up ;) . Well enough of my ramblings . I hope all of you have a great and blessed day....

I told them they didn't need to go to the park Every Day but they begged and I gave in so now they are paying the price ( as am I )
Dude, if you have some kind of magic barrier that keeps illness inside the boarders of this park, you need to market that stuff!

Dude, if you have some kind of magic barrier that keeps illness inside the boarders of this park, you need to market that stuff!
I wish I could ! I'm just saying they were fine beforehand and with how allergies seem to run in my family and the severity some of us experience them I feel that played a role in it.. I mean yesterday I took them to a smaller park where they only had interactions with 2 other kids so they had limited exposures outside of school which I know is in itself a " big nasty pool of germs "..

Rule #1 correlation does not equal causation. Just sayin. I’m home sick today myself and I didn’t visit even a tiny park. Figure that one out!

As the title states Be extremely careful with Walmart MarketPlace as they allow scam sellers to sell under Their name and then they will NOT honor The return Policy and try to make the customer suffer the loss. Walmart does NOT care about the customer , Just THEIR bottom line.... My Mother an elderly woman bought my senior citizen Father some rechargeable batteries for tools and the batteries do NOT work.. Well my mother contacted Walmart who told her to contact the seller about returning them but the seller would NOT respond so after repeated emails to the seller AND Walmart the seller finally replied ( after the return time had lapsed ) and said that she needed to take them to her local walmart and they would take them back.. Remember she had started trying to return them BEFORE the return date lapse and has all communications to prove it ) They took it to walmart who refused to take the return saying the seller was "blacklisted" because the seller would not take them back... Walmart is allowing sellers who are blacklisted to continue to scam customers because Walmart is still getting their "CUT" from the seller which is all that Walmart cares about... Please I beg all of you that if at all possible to AVOID Buying ANYTHING FROM WALMART MARKETPLACE !!!! IT IS NOT WORTH THE RISK AND HEADACHES I SEE MY ELDERLY PARENTS HAVING TO GO THROUGH !!

These are the views and opinions of the Author alone and do not necessarily express the views of this site..

I just want people to be careful and to be able to avoid the frustrations my parents are currently going through. This was meant as more of a PSA than anything....

My mother fortunately has been in touch with her Credit Card issuer and it looks like the card issuer will / might refuse payment to the scammer , so there is at least that hope for them.....

Sorry for venting here guys.. I mean I hope it's understood that I am just upset for my parents because they worked hard all their lives and got scammed and I am just trying to help others maybe not have the same thing happen to them. Well I hope everyone has a great night . Stay safe, stay happy , have fun and know that you are important and Each one of you are special !!!!
Hoping the best for you Always !!!!

Well today has been Pretty good. I have Not shaved today though because I only left the house to take the kids to school and pick them up and take them to the park after school. The twins had fun playing and then we came home and they had their "coffee" with daddy and then took their baths and sat back watching cartoons until my little guy fell asleep and lilly went to their room to watch tv.... I dont really get out of the house much lately.. The start of this week when I took the twins to school was the first time in 10 days I had left the house...I mean I would take the kids outside to play on their swingset and whatnot, but I had Not been in a car to go anywhere in 10 days.. All has been going well except for the thing that happened to my parents that I really wish I had worded some of it differently , but, I know that I'm pretty sure we all are protective of our loved ones and I was venting... Well have a great rest of your Day / Night and I wish you ALL the best !!

Okay a lot has been going on here , BUT , not many shaves unfortunately !! Alicia got sick and she had to go to the hospital and we were kept in the ER for over 27 hours !! before she was finally admitted and got put into an actual hospital room.. They still dont know exactly whats wrong with her and I have been really worried about her. She has very bad pains across her mid section. They thought it might be Pancreatitis but then they "ruled" that out. They then thought it might be a gall stone or something , but didnt find any, They then thought it might be a bowel or some type of blockage but don't know. They sent her home and have her taking meds and taking it easy and put her out of work until tomorrow and then she is on light duty after that... My oldest son is sick with something but the docs didnt know whats up with him either and so he is taking meds for a cold. I am sick with a sore throat thats very raw and hurts to swallow.. I have not went to the doctor for myself though so I don't know whats up with me. My mood has been very good lately , which is good... I hope all you guys and gals will forgive me for the rough patch I had a while back and that we can get back to the way things used to be, I really like all of you and enjoy being here....... Well have a good one to you all !!! TTYL ........

Jim, I am sorry to hear of all the illnesses your family have been dealing with. It is especially frustrating to not know the cause. Hoping those issues are resolved soon.

If you feel up to it, there is a Sunday night Zoom call tomorrow. Hope you and family get well soon. (y)

Okay. First greetings to anyone who may see this.. I hope everyone is doing well.... First of all things have been going pretty good here.... Alicia and I went and got the twins registered for the new school year yesterday... We also got our AC fixed yesterday. Yay !! I don't really have much to say on the shaving front as I have been kind of lazy concerning that lately. The last couple of times I have actually just pulled out the Phillips one blade and just used it for a quick shave... I have been on a nostalgic trip lately and have been going through my old private conversations with everyone here since I joined here and was curious to see how many of you guys ever go back and read through those too.... There were a few things I had forgotten about from a few years ago and was glad to remember them.. You know what I also realized ? You are a great bunch of guys and gals here. Sorry I have gotten off track lately.. Well I'm gonna end this post for now but I hope to add more later .... Have a great and blessed day to all !!!!

Hello all. First I want to say I hope everyone is doing well and is having a great summer or whatever season it is from where ever you are from... Sorry , But ,This post will not be about shaving , but it will be about what has been happening with me lately.. Things had been going pretty well here. I am currently looking at a career change for myself. I had been a computer tech for quite a while now , repairing computers and video game systems for some of the local businesses in my area ( mainly pawn shops ) . Well that business has been getting slower and slower in recent years with the fact that computers and tablets and whatnot were getting so cheap new that the industry is becoming a "throw away " mentalitity.. I had been doing that because while my kids were young I didn't want to do what I originally was trained to do because it would take me away from my little ones while they were young A lot and I dont want to miss seeing them grow up... I really miss the industry I was trained for but I have chosen my little ones over it... Well now that the electronics industry is kind of " Drying up " I have to find something else to do that won't take me away for long periods of time... I have looked at several fields that interest me, IE. Culinary School and several others But I have spoken with , via PM , our esteemed @BarberDave about his field and am currently looking at going back to school to get my cosmetology / barbering License... Honestly I am kind of excited about trying something new while also at the same time , i'm also scared to death at the same time about learning something new... I hope I can have the intelligence to do it !! Alicia (my wife) /s grandmother used to teach cosmetology but she passed away so I cant talk to her about it , which is why I am eternally grateful to Dave for talking to me about it.. The kids all start back to school on Monday so I will busy with the school thing but I think I can do both helping them with their school and doing schooling myself... My parents and wife are both supportive of the idea and mom and dad have said they will help with watching the kids if my classes keep me out a little longer than expected....

Well thats what I have been up to lately..... I hope that everything in your lives has been and continues to be great.....

Back