The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Prolific Ponderings of Paranoid Psychosis

Jaro1069

TSC's Cheerleader
Veteran
Greeting everyone.
Well I guess I will try my hand at this thing... I really don't have much to say for my first entry. My twins and I are waiting until their next live online class since they are fully virtual for their first grade year ...
Hopefully they will be able to go to in person school next year.. I am currently a stay at home dad but am planning on getting back fully to my chosen occupation as soon as my kids ( I have 3 ) are old enough. I still currently do small jobs but nothing like I used to do. I have a varied collection of
razors , brushes , and soaps / aftershaves . I really like one razor I have because it is basically a no thought razor. Its a bevel razor head on an inexpensive steel handle , I picked it up for very inexpensive for a couple of dollars without a handle and added the one on it currently. The razor fairly much is not very particular about blade type because it gives great shaves with almost any blade.. I have some DE and SE and SR and shavettes that I use occasionally.. I don't really have any high value razors or overly expensive soaps or brushes. I do have a shavemac and a simpson brush and a couple of others that I won through various means. I really want one of the Rubberset 400 brushes but their prices have been a little higher than what I normally pay for shave stuff. I will find one at a antique store or somewhere one of these days that is in the range I prefer... I have only been doing this type of shaving since around 2018 or 19...
I guess I will end this for now since I have to get the kids back in class soon.....
I hope this was an okay first entry.

I do not envy you or anyone that has younger kids distance learning. That basically means you're homeschooling just to get them to stay in front of the screen if nothing else.

I do not envy you or anyone that has younger kids distance learning. That basically means you're homeschooling just to get them to stay in front of the screen if nothing else.
They are first graders and they can be a handful trying to get them to stay still !! We ( my wife Alicia and I ) bought a couple of the old days wooden school desk and have them downstairs in front of one of our fireplaces with their computers to do their schoolwork there so they are able to concentrate more but they still want to play and since they ( Lilly and Elijah ) are twins they have their own little twin talk and connection which we have to deal with.... I mean right now they are acting up and don't want to sit still in a class they are in Right Now !!

They are first graders and they can be a handful trying to get them to stay still !! We ( my wife Alicia and I ) bought a couple of the old days wooden school desk and have them downstairs in front of one of our fireplaces with their computers to do their schoolwork there so they are able to concentrate more but they still want to play and since they ( Lilly and Elijah ) are twins they have their own little twin talk and connection which we have to deal with.... I mean right now they are acting up and don't want to sit still in a class they are in Right Now !!
Duct tape … JK.

Nice first entry, I admire stay at home dads. I wish I could do the same with my son, but he’d become very snarky and grumpy if he were around me that much…
Thank you .. I offered to have my wife stay home and for me to work but she told me " Are you Crazy , that would drive me insane " !! So I stay and she goes to work... I mean it makes her happy although I get an itch to be out there sometimes and she indulges me and I do a little bit every now and then...

I know I posted most of this in the whats blasting thread but I wanted to put it here too...

I feel horrible today !!

My oldest son wouldn't get out of bed for school..

He missed yesterday because he felt bad too , but for some reason every since last week he is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get out of bed for school !! I have asked him if something is wrong but he says all is well so....

The twins are live with their online teacher in virtual right now... When did first grade go from being " no don't eat the crayons " to how do you solve this Quantum mechanics equation !!!!!! I mean seriously right now they are doing ELA and they are doing things like proper use of verbs , nouns, and proper punctuation.... I mean most of the kids cant even spell KAT yet :ROFLMAO: !! ( I know its cat BTW )

Sorry today started rough! But it can only get better from here! You’re doing great and I have the day ends spectacularly! I don’t envy you trying to figure out your kids curriculum!

Back