The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

On the razors edge with Galaktus

Turned out I chose not to go bike shopping because I'm not ready to buy yet. Two more months and my wife starts her new job. I can wait two more months. We're on just my income right now.

Jun 20, 2020 Shave 178
Weber
Rapira Swedish Supetsteel 4
Palmolive Lather 31
Rubberset 600N
Florida Water

Jun 21, 2020 Shave 179
Weber
Rapira Swedish Supersteel 5
What The Puck Lime 10
Olivewood synth
Lustray Spice

Not terribly impressed with the Rapira Swedish Super Steel blade. Didnt get a very close shave last shave/use 3 with the Game Changer. Put the blade into my Weber and gave it a few tries, still wasn't impressed with it..

That's a good enough reason to not go shopping in my book.

Hopefully the 2 months flies by. I bet she's ridiculously excited to get to work.

My wife is very fortunate, she accepted an employment offer while she was still interning. She happened to be the last one hired before the parent corporation put on a hiring freeze. Many of her classmates were not so fortunate.
Sorry I forgot about the video chat guys.

Jun 22, 2020 Shave 180
Weber
Treet Black Beauty 1
What The Puck Lime 11
Bruce synthetic brush
Lustray Blue Spice

I like the Black Beauties, but they rust very easy so they are a 1 and done with me.

Jun 23, 2020 Shave 181
Game Changer OC
Treet Durasharp 1
Palmolive Lather 32
Rubberset 600N
Lustray Spice
Jun 24, 2020 Shave 182
Game Changer OC
Treet Durasharp 2
Palmolive Lather 33
Olivewood synth
Florida Water
Treet Durasharps give me great smooth shaves but don't seem to rust as easy to me.

I'm a few days behind posting. Got caught up on all journals too.

Jun 25, 2020 Shave 183
Weber
Voskhod 1
Palmolive Lather 34
Bruce synthetic
Lustray Blue Spice
Jun 26, 2020 Shave 184
Weber
Voskhod 2
Palmolive Lather 35
Bruce synthetic
Florida Water

Jun 27, 2020 Shave 185
Weber
Voskhod 3
WTP Lime 12
Olivewood synth
Lime Sec

I like the scent of Palmolive Lather, but I get slicker shaves with other soaps. I had every intention of finishing that tube 3017 style, but I also like performance too. Maybe I'll just shelve it for a while and stick with the What The Puck.

Palmolive sticks are pretty good. I actually think Palmolive creams are REALLY good. Some pretty good shaves!

I thnk I am mostly nostalgic for the Palmolive Lather for the scent. When I started wet shaving, there wasn't a lot available, or I should say, known about. The internet was still new, and online shopping was nothng like today. Anyway, Palmolive Lather was available locally in brick and mortar stores, until it was discontinued. When something becomes unobtanium, you remember it as the best thing ever. Fast forward almost 20 years, add Ebay and nostalgia, and I bought a total of 19 tubes of it. I guess I have great memories of it because the only soaps I knew about back then was locally available Williams and Classic Shaving house brand.

Jun 28, 2020 Shave186
Game Changer OC
Rapira Platinum Lux 1
WTP Lime 13
Rubberset 600N
Clubman Vanilla

Nice smooth shave with the Rapira Platinum Lux. Seemed to be a very sharp yet smooth blade. Let's see about longevity with it.

Jun 29,v2020 Shave 187
Game Changer OC
Rapira Platinum Lux 2
WTP Lime 14
Olivewood synth
Lustray Blue Spice
Jun 30, 2020 Shave 188
Game Changer OC
Rapira Platinum Lux 3
Tabac 8
Bruce synthetic brush
Clubman
Great shaves with the Platinum Lux. Decided to switch it up and use Tabac today.

Rapira Platinum Lux are solid blades! I have a stash of them and like to pull them out from time to time!

Jul 01, 2020 Shave 189
Game Changer OC
Rapira Platinum Lux 4
Palmolive Lather 36
Shave Revolution synthetic
Clubman Brandy Spice
My stubble seemed to come back quicker than normal so it is time to change the blade.

Jul 02, 2020 Shave 190
Lupo stainless
Rapira Platinum Lux 1
Palmolive Lather 37
Rubberset 600N
Florida Water
Another great shave with the Rapira. I decided to pull out my Lupo, it's been too long since I used it. Great shave, super smooth, effortless.

Caught up on everyone's journals, I was a few days behind.
Jul 03, 2020 Shave 191
Lupo
Rapira Platinum Lux 2
Palmolive Lather 38
Olivewood synth
Lustray Blue Spice
Great shave, the Lupo and Rapira is a great combo.
Spent the weekend at my brother in laws house, brought a different razor with me.
Jul 04, 2020 Shave 192
Game Changer OC
Personna Lab 1
Palmolive Lather 39
Bruce
Aqua Velva/Florida Water
Had a few weepers this shave. New blade? Lather? My fault? Probably my fault, haha.

Jul 05, 2020 Shave 193
Game Changer OC
Personna Lab 2
Palmolive Lather 40
Bruce synthetic
Aqua Velva/Florida Water
No weepers this shave.

Well some days you have a greatdeal drop onto your lap. A guy I work with is selling off his father in laws gun collection. He has the onset of dementia, and they reason it's better to sell them now. So I asked about a 12 gauge pump shotgun. Lo and behold, he has a Winchester 97. That's an external hammer WW One trench gun style. Well not quite, it doesn't have a ventilated barrel shroud, a bayonet lug, and the barrel is longer tham 18".

Well some days you have a greatdeal drop onto your lap. A guy I work with is selling off his father in laws gun collection. He has the onset of dementia, and they reason it's better to sell them now. So I asked about a 12 gauge pump shotgun. Lo and behold, he has a Winchester 97. That's an external hammer WW One trench gun style. Well not quite, it doesn't have a ventilated barrel shroud, a bayonet lug, and the barrel is longer than 18". But close enough for me, lol. There is a crack in the wooden pump handle but I can fix that with some epoxy. All for the princely sum if one hundred dollars! Way too good for me to pass up. View attachment 29244

Back to shaving:
Jul 06, 2020 Shave 194
Lupo
Rapira Platinum Lux 3
Palmolive Lather 41
Rubberset 600N
Lime Sec
Another great shave, the Lupo and Rapura are a great match.

Jul 07, 2020 Shave 195
Lupo
Rapira Platinum Lux 4
WTP Lime 15
Lustray Spice
I decided to switch up and use the What The Puck Lime this shave. That's a great, under the radar soap at an excellent price. The scent could be stronger but other than that it holds it's own against any other soap I've used.
Ooops, accidentally hit the post button, and I took too long to edit the post.

I bought it with the intention of a home defense shotgun, but I'm warming to the idea of a trench gun conversion....... doing a bit of research.

Jul 08, 2020 Shave 196
Lupo
Rapira Platinum Lux 5
Palmolive Lather 42
Olivewood synth
Lustray Blue Spice
The Rapira has come to the end of its life with me. I notices my stubble returning faster than usual, so a new blade tomorrow.

Jul 09, 2020 Shave 197
Weber
Personna Lab 1
Palmolive Lather 43
Bruce synthetic
Florida Water A beautiful shave indeed.

Jul 10, 2020 Shave 198
Weber
Personna Lab 2
Palmolive Lather 44
Florida Water
Another enjoyable shave, no drama, no nicks, cuts or weepers. Shaving as it should be.

Back