The Shaving Cadre

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Dave's Journal

Not necessarily... 😒

I agree with you. The olfactory experience of shave soap is short-lived at best. It never clashes with after shaves and colognes so it is not designed for staying power. I do enjoy scents on my shaving soap, but performance is king in my book.
To each their own. I enjoy the scent of the lather during the shave. Otherwise, what’s the point in owning more than one soap?

Friday:

2022 shave #303 (DE:66 SE:74 Str:162 Cart:0) - 1557 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Aristocrat 1952-1954 w/ Wizamet (3)
Penhaligon's English Fern
Big ole green
Quinn Cucumber Mint
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's English Fern talc
Penhaligon's English Fern EdT

Video posted
B2464502-674F-4FC4-A3F4-800B014B63D6.jpeg

2022 shave #306 (DE:66 SE:74 Str:165 Cart:0) - 1560 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
Murphy & McNeil Olde Mushmalt
Stirling synth
Quinn Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1
Le Labo Tabac 28

Pretty good weekend overall. Relaxing, chores, buying scotch, kids enjoying kids things. Then this morning started with :mad: followed by 🤬. I woke up 1/2hour later than I usually get out of bed. So I went from dead asleep to up and moving in about seconds. Then while headed to the shower I felt a twinge in that spot of my back that can lead to that pain so bad you're cursing the need to move at all. Right now it's just a very unpleasant soreness, but memories of past episodes are hanging over my head. So now it's a waiting game...
6A5F9D1D-DF59-4C1B-A78D-C41FE017E433.jpeg

Back