The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #174 (DE:39 SE:44 Str:90 Cart:0) - 1430 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (5)
TOBS Grapefruit
AP flat top
Quinn Pink Grapefruit & Orange Rind
Nivea 2:1

This is a rollercoaster of a last term for me. A mix of getting ahead then needing to do a lot of work then feeling ahead. Officially we're not done until August, but we have to present our project in mid-July so they pretty much have to be done by then. That's just three weeks away!
2B2B0CE9-F524-4BAB-B1D7-E73BEE83188D.jpeg

Officially we're not done until August, but we have to present our project in mid-July so they pretty much have to be done by then. That's just three weeks away!
I remember well the stress of the final push. In spite of my anxiety, it all got done on time, and my degree was complete. You've got this, Dave. (y)

2022 shave #175 (DE:39 SE:44 Str:91 Cart:0) - 1431 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Razorock Plague Doctor
TSC Legacy
No-name lemon toner
V's Barbershop Tonic

Plague Doctor today because I'm only at work to meet with one person, then I'll take all my meetings from home. Hopefully on the deck with a cigar. But I'm heading home because the youngest is sick and miserable. All tests are negative, but it's something viral and she's in that stage of her throat hurting so much she can't swallow and she's mad at the world.

We've needed to purchase some home appliances recently and I've been on the wrong end of those decisions. Long story short, our vacuum fell victim to the hair buildup of three teen girls. I thought I had it fixed until the burning smell of melting plastic from one area I didn't see hair packed in. I'm fine with a cheaper vacuum. Wife likes Dyson. So we now have a cordless Dyson. I do have to say, while I wouldn't have spent that much, it works amazingly well, and being cordless is much more maneuverable. Then our microwave stopped microwaving. That one made more sense because it was one of those things I had before I met my wife and I don't even know where it came from. Wife never had a microwave before that and liked using a toaster oven more. After pointing out you can't microwave a plate of Chinese leftovers in a toaster over, she agreed to another microwave. But this time she wanted cheap. So I didn't get the one I wanted with the softer close door and a button just for softening a frozen stick of butter.
09949300-245D-461C-9B2A-3C7CE3A83F23.jpeg

Funny, posting that put things in perspective. I didn't want to spend a bajillion dollars on a vacuum cleaner but I did. So I can spend a few more bucks so I don't hear the kids slamming the microwave door all the time. Order canceled and justice is arriving tomorrow.

2022 shave #176 (DE:39 SE:45 Str:91 Cart:0) - 1432 days of consecutive shaving
Blackland Vector w/ Schick Proline (1)
B&M Cheshire
TSC Legacy
Quinn Pink Grapefruit & Orange Rind
B&M Cheshire AS

Busy day today. I was told I'm presenting at a regional meeting next week for my boss, which takes 2 prep meetings and me wearing a tie for the zoom call. Sup with that?
18DFBB31-7665-4931-A4CD-663EAB0E236E.jpeg

Back