The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #150 (DE:36 SE:41 Str:72 Cart:0) - 1406 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Oz Shaving Woodchopper
Graydog Quilt
No-name lemon
Nivea 2:1
Scents of Wood Acacia in Acacia

Had to pull out an axe of a razor for lumberjack shave such as this.
13E292A8-AE58-4499-97E2-7F8AD73E2E09.jpeg

2022 shave #152 (DE:36 SE:41 Str:74 Cart:0) - 1408 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (6)
TDS Everygreen Juniper
Stirling synth
Quinn Lavender
Atelier Cologne Philtre Ceylan
F191B867-743A-4973-9D79-B6F41C6FC5F7.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm going to have to go get me some of this Nivea 2:1. You all keep using it so it can't be awful.

2022 shave #153 (DE:36 SE:42 Str:74 Cart:0) - 1409 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Quinn Lavender
Southern Witchcrafts Samhain AS

Maybe summer isn't the appropriate time for a scent with pumpkin and a jack o lantern on the front. But I'm the boss of me. And @Scuttlesoap did you see this one has a bourbon note??

I can't remember, but one of you asked if I would share what information I was given about preventing kidney stones. If ya let me know I can forward my instructions. No surprise the biggest one was fluid intake. And I thought I was doing enough. I have a cup of coffee at work, try to drink 2L of water at work and then whatever I have at dinner. So I figure I'm taking in 3L easy. Well not enough. During my 24h test, I was only producing like 1.3L of pee. So, I guess when I'm walking there's a ton of sweat evaporating off me or something? I dunno. But they said I need to crank up the fluids to get to at least 2L of output a day. No wonder why old folks keep running to the bathroom!

92CCC142-4136-4FA3-92F4-F6F273848FE4.jpeg

2022 shave #154 (DE:37 SE:42 Str:74 Cart:0) - 1410 days of consecutive shaving
The Holy Black SR-71 w/ Wizmet (2)
The Holy Black shave cream
Razorock synth
Quinn Cucumber and Mint
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

So between yesterday and today, I was notified two of my staff are leaving. Both promotions and within the company so good for them. But it's a large chunk of technical knowledge and both with a great work ethic. I now start the process of deciding what we stop working on and what gets piled onto the people that are still here until our glacially slow HR process starts chugging.
9FB6300F-B5CF-4779-9C83-2CD0A6742206.jpeg

2022 shave #154 (DE:37 SE:42 Str:74 Cart:0) - 1410 days of consecutive shaving
The Holy Black SR-71 w/ Wizmet (2)
The Holy Black shave cream
Razorock synth
Quinn Cucumber and Mint
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

So between yesterday and today, I was notified two of my staff are leaving. Both promotions and within the company so good for them. But it's a large chunk of technical knowledge and both with a great work ethic. I now start the process of deciding what we stop working on and what gets piled onto the people that are still here until our glacially slow HR process starts chugging.
View attachment 84814

2022 shave #155 (DE:38 SE:42 Str:74 Cart:0) - 1411 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizmet (2)
Wilkinson Sword shave stick
Honeycomb blue
Quinn Cucumber and Mint
Missoni

I had a special shave in mind for today. Calm down! It's still my face. But the state is showing up this morning so I needed to get a move on and do a totally non-special shave. Still as smooth as a waxed baby's butt though.

I ran into a nurse in the cafeteria I see from time to time. Big tattooed guy that works the night shift and stays over for extra hours fairly often. We started talking and I found out that the poor guy went to a private college (same one I'm going to) for his nursing degree and started in debt to the tune of 150k. He's not a young pup anymore and still paying it off. I wish I could tell all nursing students we don't give one gosh darn where you get your education and it all pays the same. I guess maybe if you want to be a professor at some point they might care. But for most nursing work, you get your real education out of school. Always bummed to hear about anyone graduating with a bunch of debt when it's not necessary at all.

My seminary degree came with a hearty price tag too…funny stuff for one of the lower paying professions in general 😂

Back